THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT

2 participantes

THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT Empty THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT

Mensaje por Boohan 15/10/2022, 12:12

Increíble que no haya topic. Les conocimos muchos con su maravilloso álbum de 2020, Hollywood Park. Lo tienen todo. Todo.

El tema es que en estos dos años no he indagado en sus anteriores trabajos. Son igual de buenos???

Boohan
Boohan

THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT Empty Re: THE AIRBORNE TOXIC EVENT

Mensaje por Boohan 8/4/2024, 19:43

ANNOUNCING: New Airborne Toxic Event Record and Fall Tour

It’s finally here. The new Airborne Toxic Event record, entitled Glory is completed and will be released the last week of August, followed immediately by a full US tour, beginning September 7th.

Presale tickets and VIP upgrades go on sale tomorrow exclusively on Medici: http://thechorus.com/theairbornetoxicevent Our normal presale will begin for non Medici members on Thursday and tickets go on sale to the general public this Friday. https://theairbornetoxicevent.com/#tour

This record is not what I expected to be making after Hollywood Park. I’ve always believed songwriting should capture one’s journey through the world, emotionally, spiritually, ontologically—and this record Glory is very much about the child running through the night you see on the cover of the record, the person he becomes, the ghosts he carries. Is he seeking a glory he is forever unable to capture? Is the act of seeking itself a result of living with these ghosts? What does this mean for his relationship to his art, to his family, to his relationships? In what ways does he lament it, brag about it, express anger, sorrow, regret? How does one think about death in this context?

Again. I never thought this is the record I would make after Hollywood Park. Because the journey continues and the answers are different from what I thought they’d be.

You can see the cover art for Glory now plus join our listening party this Friday at 5pm where we will be playing new songs from the new record and discussing their creation by joining Medici.

Glory. Out in 5 months. Tour to follow. We’ll see you in those rooms so bright you can see from space on the last night on Earth.
Boohan
Boohan

Mensaje por SEÑOR KAPLAN 8/4/2024, 20:00

... le di bastante cera en su día al "All at once" del 2011, un disco con el toque justo de comercialidad que debería haberles hecho petarlo en listas, pero luego les perdí la pista totalmente....

SEÑOR KAPLAN
SEÑOR KAPLAN

Mensaje por Boohan 8/4/2024, 20:05

Deberías escuchar Hollywood Park, te encantará.
Boohan
Boohan