La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know.

2 participantes

La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know. Empty La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know.

Mensaje por Carlton Banks Jue Abr 30 2009, 10:59

Una de mis webs favoritas, se ha cargado lo nuevo de Dio e Iommi, yo estoy un poco triste.

At this point, all Sabs “Dio Years” reunion hype has been milked to the max and new material is finally upon us. Unsurprisingly, the reactions thus far have been restrained and reverent, sort of like playing football with grandpa. Doesn’t a band with the kahunas to name themselves after one of the greatest heavy metal records of all time deserve a little honesty? I have too much respect for the “Mob Rules” lineup to provide anything but a reality check, so go deep, grandpa.

“The Devil You Know” is a monumentally disappointing collection of quotidian down-tuned generi-doom, lethargic drumming, and pedestrian song structures. Material like “Follow the Tears” could pass for the most monotonous CANDLEMASS material ever released. Geezer’s sizzling bass tone that added so much spunk to classics like “Lady Evil” and “Sign of the Southern Cross” is reduced to a massive fart in the colorless, thudding passages of “Neverwhere”. Dio’s propensity to craft hooky choruses out of nuthin’ at all is admirable, livening up the tedium in “Double the Pain” and “Rock & Roll Angel”. Even so, it’s shocking that such proven and prodigious talents could produce something so uninspired, rudderless, and lame. Iommi’s “Children of the Sea”-style clean passages pop up throughout the recording, but it’s all self-flattering atmosphere and nostalgia, attempts to decorate the dull brown “heaviness” of a boring record. The sparkling transitions from verse to chorus in “Die Young” were genius; the changes in “Double the Pain” sound like they're running over a truck tire. The jazzy, animated licks that made up “Lonely is the Word” have no dog in this game, and the spunky, driving riff-bliss of “Mob Rules”, "TV Crimes" or “Neon Nights” are completely MIA. Christ, even the album art for H&H was quirky, different, and thought-provoking. In 2009, we get a big-budget regurgitation of ONSLAUGHT’s “Killing Peace”.

Those that are seeking a return to form like DICKINSON’s “Accident of Birth” or AC/DC’s “Black Ice” should brace themselves for despair. This release is aimed at the ersatz metal fans, the aging dead-enders that gave up on new music fifteen years ago in lieu of live VANDENBERG and PAT TRAVERS reissues. They will listen to this mess until they’re convinced of its hidden quality. For the rest of us, the last couple of GRAND MAGUS records remain the best approximation of Dio-era Sabbath, so stick with 'em.
Rating: 1/5

http://www.peacedogman.com/
Carlton Banks
Carlton Banks

La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know. Empty Re: La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know.

Mensaje por DarthMercury Jue Abr 30 2009, 11:02

Sin haberme impresionado demasiado el disco me parece que este hombre se ceba mucho. Me parece una obra más que digna aunque no tenga ningún clásico potencial.

The Last Dinner Party - Caesar On A TV Screen
DarthMercury
DarthMercury
Moderador

http://www.gifmania.co.uk/Star-Wars/emperor/Emporer-01.gif

La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know. Empty Re: La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know.

Mensaje por Carlton Banks Jue Abr 30 2009, 11:10

Curioso lo que dice de Grand Magus.

Es cierto que este disco se asemeja mucho a lo que hacen los escandinavos en estos momentos, Candlemass también van por estos derroteros, aunque nunca he tragado a esta banda.

Pero elevar a los altares a Grand Magus para hundir a Iommi, no.
Carlton Banks
Carlton Banks

Mensaje por Carlton Banks Jue Abr 30 2009, 12:08

La reseña de Peacedogman al Devil You Know. S_tillman
Carlton Banks
Carlton Banks