Descubriendo a HALSEY VIII Quinto álbum a punto...

+15
jackster
Drakixx
Cerpin Taxt
BlueStarRider
Pendejo
Mr. Integrity
borope
fakefish
El Puto Fary
káiser
total_13
crancranc
ion
Degu
Intruder
19 participantes

Página 3 de 7. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Siguiente

Descubriendo a HALSEY      VIII  Quinto álbum a punto... - Página 3 Empty Re: Descubriendo a HALSEY VIII Quinto álbum a punto...

Mensaje por Intruder 26.10.21 1:36

Descubriendo a HALSEY      VIII  Quinto álbum a punto... - Página 3 Halsey16
Intruder
Intruder

Descubriendo a HALSEY      VIII  Quinto álbum a punto... - Página 3 Empty Re: Descubriendo a HALSEY VIII Quinto álbum a punto...

Mensaje por Intruder 26.10.21 18:21

La foto del post superior pertenece a la presentación de Halsey, interpretando un nuevo tema, en el MTV EMA Awards, el 4 de Noviembre de 2018 ¡en Bilbao!....

Supongo que fue una noche de esas en que busqué algo por la tele para ver en familia, y en uno de los canales ví anunciado dicho evento y, a pesar de que había dejado de ver MTV desde 2002, pensé que estaría pasable para verlo en familia durante la cena.... y un poco por nostalgia de la MTV 80-90's...

El evento iba desarrollándose sin mucho interés, hasta que......apareció ELLA

https://ko-kr.facebook.com/mtvspain/videos/2658968170990199/

(cuando inicié el hilo estuve buscando el youtube de esa noche, pero solo está disponible en facebook)

Esa aparición me dejó impresionado....knockeado........ no tanto por el tema, que no conocía ni me quedó enganchado, sino por la garra de la cantante, por la plasticidad de su presentación....

Así fue la primera vez.......pero no investigué más allá.... no me quedé ni con el nombre....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 26.10.21 22:22

Un mes antes había aparecido ese mismo tema como single ¿adelanto de nuevo álbum?

WITHOUT ME fue el pelotazo más fuerte de Halsey hasta aquel momento, y diría que hasta el día de hoy....Un puto temazo...

Según la wiki.....
On October 4, 2018, Halsey released a single titled "Without Me", her first through Capitol Records. She stated that the song was very personal to her. On October 29, the official music video for "Without Me" was released, featuring a "G-Eazy lookalike", following their second breakup.This song went on to become Halsey's most successful single as a lead artist to date, becoming her first solo number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100. It topped the chart for two non-consecutive weeks and remained in the top five for 22 weeks. It also reached the top three of the UK, Malaysia, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Ireland. The song has been certified 3x Platinum in the US, Platinum in the UK, and 5x Platinum in Australia and Canada. Due to "Without Me" reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100, Halsey became the eighth woman to achieve multiple number ones on the chart during the 2010s.

570 millones de vistas en YouTube, solamente del video original, sin contar videos oficiales en video o TV shows...

[Verse 1]
Found you when your heart was broke
I filled your cup until it overflowed
Took it so far to keep you close (keep you close)
I was afraid to leave you on your own

[Pre-Chorus]
I said I'd catch you if you fall (fall)
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (all)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you could take advantage of me

[Chorus]
Tell me, how's it feel sittin' up there?
Feeling so high, but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky, does it ever get lonely?
Thinking you could live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (yeah, I don't know why)
Live without me
I don't know why (I don't know why, yeah, yeah)

[Verse 2]
Gave love 'bout a hundred tries (hundred tries)
Just running from the demons in your mind
Then I took yours and made 'em mine (mine)
I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind

[Pre-Chorus]
Said I'd catch you if you fall (fall)
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (all)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you could take advantage of me

[Chorus]
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
Live without me
I don't know why, yeah

[Bridge]
You don't have to say just what you did (what you did)
I already know (I know)
I had to go and find out from them (oh-woah)
So tell me, how's it feel? (oh-woah)

[Chorus]
Feeling so high, but too far away to hold me
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 28.10.21 1:01

On November 4, 2018, Halsey first performed "Without Me" live at the MTV Europe Music Awards. On November 8, Halsey performed the song live on the 2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which aired on December 2. On November 15, she collaborated with Sebastián Yatra and performed a remixed version of "Without Me" live at the 2018 Latin Grammy Awards. On December 5, she delivered another live performance of the song on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. On December 8, she performed "Without Me" live at Capital's 2018 Jingle Bell Ball at the O2 Arena in London.On December 18, the singer appeared on the finale episode of The Voice to perform the song with her dance partner Jade Chynoweth playing the role of her partner. The performance received criticism on Twitter for "being inappropriate for television," to which Halsey responded saying, "[I'm] very proud to have pissed off the homophobic viewers at home who missed the message." On December 31, she performed the song live at Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2019. In February 2019, she performed the song on Saturday Night Live, with fans questioning if she was referencing another artist with the performance. In March, Halsey performed "Without Me" live at the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards. In May, she performed the song live at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards.

Pondría videos de todas, pero toca ser selectivo....... Ya postee el primero a través de un link de Facebook

El siguiente en orden temporal, el del Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, es impresionante, con Halsey cantando mientras desfilan los ángeles, y........resultando ser ella el ángel más deslumbrante de todas por belleza y talento. Es una auténtica delicia....

178 millones de visualizaciones en YouTube.....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 28.10.21 12:40

La interpretación más polémica o controvertida de Without Me fue en una final de concurso televisivo llamado The Voice....

On December 18, the singer appeared on the finale episode of The Voice to perform the song with her dance partner Jade Chynoweth playing the role of her partner. The performance received criticism on Twitter for "being inappropriate for television," to which Halsey responded saying, "[I'm] very proud to have pissed off the homophobic viewers at home who missed the message."

Como si a estas alturas de la vida hubiese que esconder la homosexualidad en televisión...... por cierto, Halsey es bisexual militante...

Qué gran plasticidad su actuación con su bailarina...

Sobre la polémica creada, y la respuesta de Halsey...

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 29.10.21 1:01

Otra interpretación impresionante fue la de Saturday Night Live, solo con voz y piano....sin palabras....hechizante....

In February 2019, she performed the song on Saturday Night Live, with fans questioning if she was referencing another artist with the performance.

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 29.10.21 20:19

Seguimos atrapados en bucle a Without Me, ahora una versión con solo voz y guitarra para un programa radiofónico de la BBC, Radio One....

Escalofriante interpretación, la primera que me hace sentir frios en la espalda, mientras tecleo este post.... buf

No me extraña que lleva 16 millones de visitas, igual es  el video que más, después del original (571 millones) y el del desfile de Victoria Secrets (178 millones)
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Pendejo 29.10.21 20:31

Intruder escribió:Seguimos atrapados en bucle a Without Me, ahora una versión con solo voz y guitarra para un programa radiofónico de la BBC, Radio One....

Escalofriante interpretación, la primera que me hace sentir frios en la espalda, mientras tecleo este post.... buf

No me extraña que lleva 16 millones de visitas, igual es  el video que más, después del original (571 millones) y el del desfile de Victoria Secrets (178 millones)

One hit wonder? Laughing

Ahora en serio. Ayer vi el vi que pusiste, el de la polémica. Muy adictiva la coreografía. Mucho nivel. Espectacular puesta en escena. Por otro lado no entiendo la polémica después de las coreografías que se ven por ahi. Cosas de americanos, supongo.

Y el vídeo oficial mola tb. Mucho morbo la chica. Haría un comentario tipo Orión pero me lo guardo para mi
Pendejo
Pendejo

Mensaje por Intruder 01.11.21 1:57

Después del cuelgue experimentado con Without Me, ya ha llegado el momento de pasar página y seguir la historia....

Pero la despedimos con un último video. Hemos visto el oficial con historia escenificada, en un evento MTV, sola con piano, sola con guitarra, bailando con una coreógrafa.........y cerramos con una presentación en estadio con mucha audiencia, y la garra de siempre...

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 01.11.21 2:09

Ciolaboraciones varias......

The singer made several releases and collaborated with various artists during the first several months of 2019, including a remix of "Without Me", featuring American rapper Juice WRLD on January 9, the song "11 Minutes" with Yungblud (featuring Travis Barker) on February 14, with the accompanying music video released on February 22

...and the song "Boy with Luv" with Korean boy band BTS on April 12, the music video for which became the most–viewed music video within its first 24 hours on YouTube, with 74.6 million views.

On April 19, she and 29 other musical acts were featured on the Lil Dicky song "Earth", a charity single about climate change awareness.
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 01.11.21 2:20

On February 9, Halsey again appeared on Saturday Night Live, this time as both host and musical guest. Her performance was praised, with ratings for the show rising and a younger audience watching.

Su debut como "comediante"....

Y una interpretación llena de encanto de la canción EASTSIDE, nacida de una colaboración con otros dos artistas, Benny Blanco y Khalid, absolutamente desconocidos para mí........¡No os perdais el video! ¡Toda una revelación artística!

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 01.11.21 2:35

Me llamó la atención este último tema Eastside interpretado por Halsey, y busqué el video "oficial", acreditado a Benny Blanco, Halsey y Khalid....

585 millones de reproducciones en YouTube en menos de dos años.....

Yeah, yeah
When I was young, I fell in love
We used to hold hands, man, that was enough (yeah)
Then we grew up, started to touch
Used to kiss underneath the light on the back of the bus (yeah)
I know your daddy didn't like me much
And he didn't believe me when I said you were the one
Oh, every day, she found a way out of the window to sneak out late

She used to meet me on the Eastside
In the city where the sun don't set
And every day, you know that we ride
Through the backstreets in a blue Corvette
Baby, you know I just wanna leave tonight
We can go anywhere we want
Drive down to the coast, jump in the sea
Just take my hand and come with me, yeah

We can do anything if we put our minds to it
Take your whole life, then you put a line through it
My love is yours if you're willing to take it
Give me your heart 'cause I ain't gonna break it
So come away, starting today
Start a new life together in a different place
We know that love is how all these ideas came to be
So baby, run away with me

[Halsey:]
Seventeen and we got a dream to have a family
A house, and everything in between
And then, oh, suddenly, we turned twenty-three
And now we got pressure for taking our life more seriously
We got our dead-end jobs and got bills to pay
Half our old friends are now our enemies
And now I, I'm thinking back to when I was young
Back to the day when I was falling in love

He used to meet me on the Eastside
In the city where the sun don't set
And every day, you know where we'd ride
Through the backstreets in a blue Corvette
And baby, you know I just wanna leave tonight
We can go anywhere we want
Drive down to the coast, jump in the sea
Just take my hand and come with me, singing

[Halsey & Khalid:]
We can do anything if we put our minds to it
Take your whole life, then you put a line through it
My love is yours if you're willing to take it
Give me your heart 'cause I ain't gonna break it
So come away, starting today
Start a new life together in a different place
We know that love is how all these ideas came to be
So baby, run away with me

Run away, now
Run away, now
Run away, now
Run away, now
Run away, now
Run away, now

In the city where the sun don't set.

Leyendo la parte que Halsey canta en solitario........... Springsteen 1975
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 02.11.21 1:33

No sé que tiene esta canción Eastside, pero me tiene atrapado desde ayer.... creo que deberé postearla en el topic "canciones que atrapan" del Botones Sacarino Laughing

La despedimos con un tercer video, correspondiente a un festival de esos de la AMA.....No os perdáis el tono "doméstico" del atrezzo.... ya solo le faltaba a alguno sentarse en la taza del water....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 02.11.21 1:49

On May 17, 2019, Halsey issued the single "Nightmare", which debuted and peaked at number fifteen on the US Hot 100.

El tema está bien, es el más rocker de Halsey hasta la fecha.... pero no deja de recordarme a algo ya escuchado anteriormente.....¿un duo de chicas rusas?. Atención al cameo de Debbie "Blondie" Harry....

Miro wikipedia por curiosidad, y......efectivamente:
The song contains an interpolation of "All the Things She Said" by Russian duo t.A.T.u. Elena Kiper, one of the songwriters of t.A.T.u's song, posted on her Instagram that an initial version of Halsey's track "contained an extensive interpolation of the original work" but later the sample was changed by G-Eazy, although the latter isn't credited on the work.

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I shall die before I 'wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take
I, I keep a record of the wreckage of my life
I gotta recognize the weapon in my mind
They talk sh*t, but I love it every time
And I realize
I've tasted blood and it is sweet
I've had the rug pulled beneath my feet
I've trusted lies and trusted men
Broke down and put myself back together again
Stared in the mirror and punched it to shatters
Collected the pieces and picked out a dagger
I've pinched my skin in between my two fingers
And wished I could cut some parts off with some scissors
"Come on, little lady, give us a smile"
No, I ain't got nothin' to smile about
I got no one to smile for, I waited a while for
A moment to say I don't owe you a goddamn thing
And I realize
I'm no sweet dream, but I'm a hell of a night
That I'm no sweet dream, but I'm a hell of a night
No, I won't smile, but I'll show you my teeth
And I'ma let you speak if you just let me breathe
I've been polite, but won't be caught dead
Lettin' a man tell me what I should do in my bed
Keep my exes in check in my basement
'Cause kindness is weakness, or worse, you're complacent
I could play nice or I could be a bully
I'm tired and angry, but somebody should be
"Come on, little lady, give us a smile"
No, I ain't got nothin' to smile about
I got no one to smile for, I waited a while for
A moment to say I don't owe you a goddamn thing
They talk shit, but I love it every time
And I realize
And I realize
Someone like me can be a real nightmare, completely aware
But I'd rather be a real nightmare than die unaware, yeah
Someone like me can be a real nightmare, completely aware
But I'm glad to be a real nightmare, so save me your prayers
And I realize
They talk shit, but I love it every time
And I realize
I'm no sweet dream, but I'm a hell of a night
That I'm no sweet dream, but I'm a hell of a night
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 03.11.21 1:13

No me voy a entretener más con Nightmare, porque ya estoy ansioso de llegar a Graveyard, su tema más especial para mí...

On September 13, 2019, she released the single "Graveyard" as the second single from her third studio album, Manic.

According to Halsey, the song "is about being in love with someone who is in a bad place and loving them so much that you don't realize that you're going to that bad place with them". It also deals with the topic of caring for yourself instead of following others.

The official music video was released on October 8, 2019, and features Halsey and a mysterious girl (Sydney Sweeney) magically from her notebook dancing alone in an amusement park. When the bridge starts, the mysterious girl disappears while Halsey enters an aquarium, which looks similar to the video for her song, "Clementine". Immediately, she wakes up into a white abandoned version of the park, later teleporting to her bedroom of the same color.

Canción y video son maravillosas.......

It's crazy when
The thing you love the most is the detriment
Let that sink in
You can think again
When the hand you wanna hold is a weapon and
You're nothin' but skin
Oh, 'cause I keep diggin' myself down deeper
I won't stop 'til I get where you are
I keep running, I keep running, I keep running
They say I may be making a mistake
I would've followed all the way, no matter how far
I know when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard
I keep running when both my feet hurt
Oh, when you go down all your darkest roads
I would've followed all the way to the graveyard (no, oh)
You look at me (look at me)
With eyes so dark, don't know how you even see
You push right through me (push right through me)
It's gettin' real
You lock the door, you're drunk at the steering wheel
And I can't conceal
Oh, 'cause I've been diggin' myself down deeper
I keep running, I keep running, I keep running
They say I may be making a mistake
I would've followed all the way, no matter how far
I know when you go down all your darkest roads
Oh, it's funny how
The warning signs can feel like they're butterflies
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 04.11.21 1:32

Decía en el post anterior que Graveyard es su tema más especial para mí, puesto que fue el primero que pude etiquetar con su nombre, y que disparó mi interés para buscar su música....

Si bien la primera vez había sido con el tema Without Me en una ceremonia de la MTV EMA Awards el 4 de Noviembre de 2018, hoy se cumplen 3 años de esa actuación...(ver 2 primeros posts de esta página), en aquella ocasión ni su nombre ni ese tema me quedaron fijados....

Lo cual si sucedió la segunda vez, otra vez en una ceremonia de premios MTV EMA Awards, exactamente un año después, el 2 de noviembre de 2019....

¡Qué decir de una actuación tan fantástica! Desde la magistral ambientación escénica que va envolviendo sucesivamente a Halsey hasta su desempeño vocal, esforzándose al máximo para compensar las danzas y carreras frenéticas a lo largo del kilométrico escenario, el cual se come...

Y que decir de su sensualidad......ese momento en que monta el caballo de feria (aunque con una barra que parecía más de pole dance), recordando el parque de atracciones del video original.....es para mi gusto el más sensualón hasta aquel momento (posteriormente lo superará), pero es una sensualidad TAN TAN TAN elegante.........suspiros....

Y, a partir de ahí, busqué y encontré el video original que vimos en el post anterior....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 04.11.21 1:49

The song release was supported by a time-lapse visualizer of Halsey painting a self-portrait which also serves as the album cover for Manic.

Este video, que fue el primero publicado de Graveyard, sirve para ejemplarizar como Halsey es una artista diferente, y una artista total

comentario de YouTube:
She’s like the entire package! Can paint, dance, sing, is charismatic and writes really fantastic lyrics and songs. Just the definition of an artist basically
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 05.11.21 1:56

Al igual que sucedió con Without Me, se hace muy difícil abandonar el satélite Graveyard, pero ya es hora de aterrizar en el planeta Manic, tercero del sistema que orbita en torno a la estrella Halsey....

Tomamos propulsión con esta hechizante versión stripped de Graveyard, con Halsey acompañada de guitarra, y otra guirarrista / corista..... de New Jersey a Nashville....

y ponemos rumbo hacia Manic.........
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 11.11.21 0:47

Iniciemos el camino hacia Manic, que consta de 9 etapas, cada una con su correspondiente video, son pequeños sketches que narran las actividades de Halsey, actuaciones en programas de TV, festivales MTV..... En el primer capítulo se muestran sus actuaciones en la final del concurso The Voice en Estocolmo, y su deliciosa presentación en Sevilla cuando hubo el evento MTV, estamos hablando de fines de 2019....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 11.11.21 2:02

Todos los episodios de Road To Manic son deliciosos porque Halsey tiene tanto encanto y vitalidad que la cámara queda irremisiblemente seducida....

Pero entiendo que ya es un tema ya rayando en lo fan obsesivo, y por tanto pondré los episodios restantes en spoliers....

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 2)
Tal vez el más soso de la serie, Halsey en Berlin y Londres...
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 2):

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 3)
Delicioso, con Halsey cantando en Nashville con figuras country, su encuentro con la Musgraves, con Pink (¿su referente en la generación anterior?), y con todo su encanto y magnetismo...
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 3) :

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 4)
Tokyo, Los Angeles, Sidney.......el mundo se le queda pequeño como su toalla al salir de la ducha...
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 4) :

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 5)
A solo dos semanas del lanzamiento de Manic..... En la carátula, la mirada del tigre...
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 5) :

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 6)
Cuando se arranca con Beautiful Stranger........ufff
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 6):

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 7)
Arranca el Manic Tour en Oceanía y llega el fin de año......en medio de uno de los conciertos...
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 7):

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 8)
Grabación de un video que no tardaremos en ver...
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 8):

Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 9)
Presentación oficial del disco, más parecida a una presentación de un nuevo iphone......cuando todo empieza a cambiar en China..
Halsey - Road To Manic (Episode 9):
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 12.11.21 1:22

Manic is the third studio album by American singer-songwriter Halsey.

It was released on January 17, 2020, through Capitol Records.

It was preceded by the release of three singles: "Without Me", "Graveyard" and "You Should Be Sad", with featured guest appearances by Dominic Fike, Alanis Morissette, and Suga.

The album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 albums chart in the United States, becoming Halsey's third top-two album on the chart and her biggest album debut in the country to date, selling 239,000 units in its first week.

Descubriendo a HALSEY      VIII  Quinto álbum a punto... - Página 3 Cover_10

During a question-and-answer session on August 7, 2019, she stated that the album is "less dystopian fantasy world" and that it reflects her current worldview.[13] In her Rolling Stone cover story, Halsey stated that Manic is a sampling of "hip-hop, rock, country, fucking everything—because it's so manic. It's soooooo manic. It's literally just, like, whatever the fuck I felt like making; there was no reason I couldn't make it".

She revealed the album title on her social media on September 12, 2019, along with an official link to a website with the album title. The website contained a livestream of the singer painting the album cover.

The album has 16 tracks on the standard edition.

Vamos a repasarlo...
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 14.11.21 13:56

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 18.11.21 1:30

Repasamos Manic por su mismo orden, empezamos con Ashley, que es el nombre real de Halsey.....

A diferencia de Room 93, Badlands y HFK, con Manic nos encontraremos con muchos menos temas con video en directo, debido a que su gira de presentación solo duró un mes escaso, porque hubo de ser abortada por causa del covid...

Así como en Room 93 y Badlands la orientación predominante era el indie-pop, y en HFK era el r'n'b (a pesar de que había temas de género diferente) en Manic nos encontramos en ambiente música urbana...

Halsey opens her third album, Manic with “Ashley” – a title taken from her own name, Ashley Nicolette Frangipane. Fittingly, the song introduces Halsey fans to a new era, an album coming from not only a self-created character of sorts, Halsey, but her real identity, Ashley.

Whilst she reflects on her past as Halsey, she gently reminds fans that when Halsey is no longer around, a legacy will be left behind through her music.

This is an introduction but it’s also a cautious goodbye. It explores themes about how my music would affect my fans should I ever “disappear”. The chorus of this song was inspired by a lot of the emo music that massively shaped my identity as I was coming of age.

Starting the album with my real name is a comfortable entry point for people, like saying, ‘Hey, I’m still here, but I’m going to take you down on a different journey right now.’ A lot of this album was written as I became more aware of my mortality. Sometimes I’m on top of the world and I’ve never felt better in my life. Other days I’m like, ‘If I keep doing this, I’m going to die.’ This song is an introduction and a warning: It’s saying, ‘Here’s this album that I had to cut myself open to make, and will continue to cut myself open to tour, promote, and explain, but I don’t know how many more of these you’re going to get.’

Standing now, in the mirror that I built myself
And I can't remember why the decision wasn't mine
But it seems I'm only clingin' to an idea now
Took my heart and sold it out to a vision that I wrote myself
And I don't wanna be somebody in America just fighting the hysteria
I only wanna die some days

[Chorus: Halsey]
Someday, someday, when I burst into flames
I'll leave you the dust, my love
Hope a bit of it'll be enough to help remember the
Days when we came to this place
I told you I'd spill my guts, I left you to clean it up
I'm bursting out of the

[Verse 2: Halsey]
Seems like now it's impossible to work this out
I'm so committed to an old ghost town
Is it really that strange if I always wanna change?
And if only the time and space between us wasn't lonely
I'd disintegrate into a thousand pieces
Think I'm makin' a mistake, but if I decide to break
Who will fill the empty space? So...

Now, if I figure this out
Apart from my beating heart
It's a muscle, but it's still not strong enough to carry the
Weight of the choices I've made
I told you I'd ride this out
It's gettin' harder every day
Somehow, I'm burstin' out of myself

[Outro: Halsey & Kate Winslet]
(Ooh, ooh)
(Ooh, ooh)
Too many guys think I'm a concept, or
I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive
I'm just a fucked up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind
Don't assign me yours
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 30.11.21 22:10

Manic continua con Clementine.....

Clementine” is most likely named after Kate Winslet’s character in the 2004 film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

In Halsey’s 2019 interview with Rolling Stone, she revealed that the film was the first one she ever loved, saying:

I basically built my whole personality off of Clementine (Winslet’s character). It was really exciting for me to see a woman on film who was proud and liberated in her own weirdness and in her own non-polite, non-political, non-conformative, inconvenient self.

In 2018, Halsey even drew a portrait of Clementine:

This song was a pinnacle moment for Manic. It’s when I really saw my inner self and inner child come through in sound as well as the lyrics. You can hear two voices. One is Halsey, calm and composed performing. The other is Ashley, yelling her heart out impulsively in the background.

El parecido de Halsey con el bailarín no es casual.....es genético, es su hermano.

I'd like to tell you that my sky's not blue, it's violent rain
And in my world, the people on the street don't know my name
In my world, I'm seven feet tall
And the boys always call, and the girls do too
Because in my world, I'm constantly, constantly havin' a breakthrough (hmm)
Or a breakdown, or a blackout
Would you make out with me underneath the shelter of the balcony?

'Cause I don't need anyone, I don't need anyone
I just need everyone and then some
I don't need anyone, I don't need anyone

Wish I could see what it's like to be the blood in my veins
Do the insides of all of my fingers still look the same?
And can you feel it too, when I am touchin' you?
And when my hair stands on ends, it's saluting you
The blush in your cheeks says that you bleed like me
And the 808 beat sends your heart to your feet
Left my shoes in the street so you'd carry me
Through a breakdown
Through a breakdown or a blackout
Would you make out with me on the floor of the mezzanine?

'Cause I don't need anyone, I don't need anyone

My face is full of spiderwebs, all tender yellow blue
And still with one eye open, well, all I see is you
I left my daydreams at the gate because I just can't take 'em too
Know my heart still has a suitcase, but I still can't take it through

Oh-mmm, oh-mmm, yeah
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 02.12.21 19:50

El tercer tema en MANIC es Graveyard, la cual fue el segundo adelanto y por tanto ya comenté más arriba en la página, con su letra, y profusión de videos.

Se me acaban los calificativos para la canción, maravillosa, angelical, hechizante, y fue el tema que me introdujo en su magia musical, así que es muy especial....

Creo que puse en su momento el video oficial (maravilloso) y el de su actuación en MTV Sevilla 2019, la versión stripped en Nashville, la que suena mientras ella pinta un cuadro, más otras presentaciones en TV Shows....

A ver que me quedó pendiente...

Estas performances son una adicción total...

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 03.12.21 2:33

Imposible sucumbir a la tentación de otro video del mismo tema..

Con esas fabulosas interpretaciones, siempre distintas vocalmente....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 07.12.21 1:44

El cuarto tema en MANIC es You Should Be Sad, que también fue el tercer single...

Wiki....

"You Should Be Sad" was released on January 10, 2020, through Capitol Records as the third single from her third studio album, Manic (2020). Halsey wrote the song with their producer Greg Kurstin. "You Should Be Sad" is a country-tinged ballad that features lyrics about a breakup and an unfaithful ex-lover.

Upon its release, the song was met with critical acclaim, with many critics praising its lyrics

The music video for "You Should Be Sad" was directed by Colin Tilley. Premiering on January 10, 2020, the video depicts Halsey going to "an underground country western nightclub, where a lot of beautiful people are line-dancin". The video was met with mixed reviews.

La canción tiene un aire country, asi que la ambientación del video sigue esa temática, con referencias a Lady Gaga, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood and Christina Aguilera.

I wanna start this out and say
I gotta get it off my chest
Got no anger, got no malice
Just a little bit of regret
Know nobody else will tell you
So there's some things I gotta say
Gonna jot it down and then get it out
And then I'll be on my way
No, you're not half the man you think that you are
And you can't fill the hole inside of you with money, drugs and cars
I'm so glad I never ever had a baby with you
'Cause you can't love nothin' unless there's somethin' in it for you
Oh, I feel so sorry
I feel so sad
I tried to help you
It just made you mad
And I had no warnin'
About who you are
I'm just glad I made it out without breakin' down
And then ran so fuckin' far
That you would never ever touch me again
Won't see your alligator tears
'Cause, no, I've had enough of them
Let me start this off by sayin'
I really meant well from the start
Take a broken man right in my hands
And then put back all his parts
But you're not half the man you think that you are
And you can't fill the hole inside of you with money, girls and cars
Oh, I feel so sorry (I feel so sorry)
I feel so sad (I feel so sad)
I tried to help you (I tried to help you)
It just made you mad
And I had no warnin' (I had no warnin')
About who you are ('bout who you)
Just glad I made it out without breakin' down
Oh, I feel so sorry (I feel so sorry)
I feel so sad (I feel so sad)
I tried to help you (I tried to help you)
It just made you mad
And I had no warnin' (I had no)
About who you are ('bout who you)
'Bout who you are
Hey
Hey
Hey
Hey
'Cause you're not half the man you think that you are
And you can't fill the hole inside of you with money, drugs and cars
I feel so sad
You should be sad
You should be
You should be sad
You should be
You should be
You should be

Halsey compuso el tema en la cuna de la música country, Nashville, y allí está grabada esta versión stripped. Me quedo con este video por corresponder a una imagen más real de Halsey....  y su despliege vocal os dejará sin palabras....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 10.12.21 1:39

A continuación llega Forever (is a long time), del cual solo disponemos oficialmente de un video "visualizer".

A diferencia de los discos anteriores, a falta de video con película para un tema, siempre habia videos live oficiales, o presentaciones en TV o festivales, para ir ilustrando esta historia... pero, desgraciadamente, la pandemia segó la gira de Manic  de manera prematura, y no existe material en condiciones para algunos temas, como el que nos ocupa en este post...

– Halsey, via Twitter:
“Forever … (is a long time)” is called that because it showcases the journey of falling in love and then sabotaging it with your own paranoia and insecurity. That’s why the music modulates from Major to Minor. [It was written on] the piano in my living room.

I spent a long time
Watering a plant made out of plastic
And I curse the ground for growing green
I spent a long time
Substituting honest with sarcastic
And I curse my tongue for being mean
Weightless, breathless restitute
Motionless and absolute
He cut me open
Sucked the poison from an aging wound
Now fifty thousand walking deads
Would cower at this small brunette
It's a nice surprise knowing six feet high
Would reach and grab the moon if I should ask
Or just imply that I want you to be more light
So I could look inside his eyes
And get the colors just right
Just right, just right
Just
But love built, God built provinces
Built calluses, break promises
'Cause I could never hold a perfect thing
And not demolish it
What am I thinking? What does this mean?
How could somebody ever love me?
Talk to your man, tell him he's got bad news coming
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 11.12.21 1:35

Seguimos con Dominic's Interlude, tema en colaboración con Dominic Fike, otro joven talent nortemericano (casualmente oriundo del pueblo donde vive mi familia política en USA)

El video tiene todo el aire de un film musical, la canción igualmente....

Halsey has explained, “The interludes represent different relationships in my life: Dom represents brotherly love.”

Your eyes are fragile and timeless
It's beautiful
There's power in the words you whisper
You treat your corner so mindless
But he don't see the setting sun
Your eyes are open when you kiss him
Your eyes are drawn to the worthless
Usual, the towers in your world are sinking
And if ey has explained, “The interludes represent different relationships in my life: Dom represents brotherly love.”you're looking for signs then
You should know there's power in the words you're thinking
Talk to your man, tell him he got bad news coming
Walk on the edge with someone new
Talk to your man, tell him we made some good time loving
You can take a chance, come take my hand

Con este comentario en YouTube me he sentido bien identificado:
"Saw this video when I went to see Halsey in Paris last February, feeling so nostalgic... I was SO amazed by the outsanding visuals and the show Halsey put on for us that night! The crowd was fire and I never felt so free to be myself on that particular moment. It was honestly the best night of my life ! Came at the show alone and ended up meeting someone who was also alone in the line, we spent the concert together and told ourselves that we'll meet again for the next one ! This was before all of this crazy shit happened and I would give litterally everything to go back to that day... Concerts are something I love so much, I feel alive again during the 2 hours of the show until the next one. Feel like crying when I think about the time we'll be able to enjoy concerts again but while waiting for that day, I will have Halsey's music to comfort me"
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 11.12.21 2:16

Y como no me gusta poner videos "estáticos", tomo uno de la gira, casualmente el mismo concierto al que fue la autora de la cita en youtube que puse al final del post anterior, para introducir I HATE EVERYBODY

"At some point I kind of put my foot down and was like, ‘Here’s what we’re not going to do is make all my music about whoever I’m dating. This album is about me. I should matter enough on my own. I shouldn’t be desirable because some rock star you think is cool thinks I’m desirable. That’s not what this is anymore, and it never should have been.‘ But when you’re young, your insecurities get the best of you sometimes, and “I HATE EVERYBODY” is about that. It’s thinking, ‘Well, they respect his opinion, so if he likes me, they will too.’ Whoa. Wrong. No-no-no. This should be about me."
– Halsey for Zane Lowe, via Apple Music

I'm my own biggest enemy
Yeah, all my empathy's a disaster
Feelin' somethin' like a scaly thing
Wrapped too tightly 'round my own master
My friends are gettin' bored of me
Sayin' I fell in love with a stranger
I don't know what they all think of me
But in reality I don't even
Remember anything but thinkin' you're the one
And I can force a future like it's nothin', so I
Just hate everybody
Well then why can't I go home without somebody?
And really I could fall in love with anybody
Who don't want me, so I just keep sayin'
I hate everybody
But maybe I, maybe I don't
I know I've got a tendency
To exaggerate what I'm seein'
And I know that it's unfair on me
To make a memory
Out of a feelin'
It's 'cause I notice every single thing
That's ever happening in the moment
And I don't know why it's consumin' me
Because honestly all I know is—
Infatuations, observation with a cause
But none of it is love so while I'm waitin' for it
I'll hate everybody
I hate everybody
If I could make you love me
Maybe you could make me love me
And if I can't make you love me
Then I'll just hate everybody
Everybody
I hate everybody
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 12.12.21 2:19

A continuación, un giro eléctrico con 3 AM, tema identificado por todos sus seguidores como un regreso al sonido pop rock alternativo de los primeros 2000...Alanis Morrisette, Avril Lavigne....

Tenía que notarse la participación de Chad Smith a la batería....el tema es muy muy bueno.....

“3am” is the aftermath of the preceding song, “I HATE EVERYBODY”. Halsey talks about the calls to friends and lovers early in the morning to feel loved. It’s also about how drinking can seriously affect your mental state and make you doubt yourself.

3 AM is a culturally significant hour as it is known the “witching hour” or the “Devil’s Hour”. It is widely believed that 3 am is the time when the evil spirits and the demons are strongest.

– Halsey, via Twitter: After a night out where I came home and was ringing everyone in my contacts cause I was dying to talk to literally ANYONE so I wouldn’t have to sit with my own thoughts. I realized ‘hmm this is…bad.’ and wrote a song about it!

No podíamos dejar la versión de estudio con Chad Smith, pero mi video favorito del tema es este stripped, mano a mano con su guitarrista reciente...Impresionante la capacidad vocal de Halsey....

Darling, I just left the bar
And I've misplaced all my credit cards
My self preservation and all of my reservations
Are sitting and contemplatin' what to do with me, do with me
Think I took it way too far
And I'm stumbling drunk, getting in a car
My insecurities are hurting me
Someone, please come and flirt with me
I really need a mirror that'll come along and tell me that I'm fine
I do it every time
I keep on hanging on the line
Ignoring every warning sign
Come on and make me feel alright again
'Cause it's 3am
And I'm calling everybody that I know
And here we go again
While I'm running through the numbers in my phone
And yeah I'll take fake moans and dial tones
Let 'em spill right down the microphone
I need it digital
'Cause, baby, when it's physical
I end up alone, end up alone
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
I need it digital
Every night I wanna live in color through a white-blue screen
I got a technicolor vision going vivid in my white-blue jeans
I know it's complicated 'cause everyone that I've dated
Says they hate it 'cause they don't know what to do with me, do with me
Know that my identity's always gettin' the best of me
I'm the worst of my enemies and I don't really know what to do with me
Yeah, I don't really know what to do with me
I keep on hangin' on the line
Ignoring every warning sign
Come on and make me feel alright again
'Cause it's 3am
And here we go again
I need it digital
I need it digital
I'm reckless, treated like a necklace
Take a different version and I try it on for size
With everybody that I know
And will you please pick up the fucking phone?
'Cause it's 3am
And here we go again
I need it digital
'Cause baby when it's physical
I need it digital
'Cause baby when it's physical
I end up alone

[Outro: John Mayer]
Your, your best song is a song that's currently on the radio
How many people can say that?
That their best song is the one that's currently about to be a massive hit?
It's already a hit, it's just gonna get more massive
How many people can say it? Not very many
Congratulations!
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 16.12.21 23:50

Seguimos con Manic, y llegamos a Without Me, gran temón. En principio parecía lanzada como tema individual, en octubre de 2018, sin ser adelanto de un tercer álbum, pero a la larga acabó incluida en Manic (enero 2020), siendo convertida de ese modo en su primer single.

On October 4, 2018, Halsey released the song "Without Me", her first solo material since her second studio album Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, released in 2017. Originally, the song was intended as a standalone track, but was later included on the record, becoming the actual lead single.

Al inicio de esta página ya está fue detallada esta canción, y la letra, y..... hasta 7 videos, porque no pude reprimirme.....

Pero para no dejar el post sin música..........aqui va otro video, cuando el single llevaba apenas mes en la calle....

Estoy seguro que cuando vieron esta actuación, los de Victoria Secrets decidieron que Halsey fuese la "estrella" del festival del 2019, el video esta en el segundo o tercer post de esta misma página...
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 17.12.21 0:19

Encaramos la segunda parte de Manic con Finally / Beautiful Stranger, una tema en el que Halsey siempre se acompaña a la guitarra, en su registro de cantautora...

Su forma de cantar en este tema, los giros de su voz.....

The track narrates her first meeting with future boyfriend and collaborator YUNGBLUD (the pair had broken up by the time the song was released). Whilst promoting their single “11 Minutes” in February 2019, the pair talked about the day they first met, with Halsey telling 97.1 AMP Radio:
"I hit him up and was like ‘Do you wanna go have some drinks?’ […] We met up at a bar, total stranger, I’ve never met him before."

When previewing the track for fans at a private event in London, Halsey introduced the song with:
"What comes next is the first love song that I’ve ever written."

She went on to tell Zane Lowe in January 2020:
"I was dating Dom (YUNGBLUD)… I was really happy! Was really happy with my life. I was thinking about the night that he and I met […] I really just wrote it for him."

Your eyes, so crisp, so green
Sour apple baby, but you taste so sweet
You got hips like Jagger and two left feet
And I wonder if you'd like to meet
Your voice is velvet through a telephone
You can come to mine, but both my roommates are home
Think I know a bar where they would leave us alone
And I wonder if you'd take it slow
Oh, we're dancin' in my livin' room
And up come my fists
And I say I'm only playing, but
The truth is this
That I've never seen a mouth that I would kill to kiss
And I'm terrified, but I can't resist
And I said
Beautiful stranger, here you are in my arms and I know
That beautiful strangers only come along to do me wrong
And I hope
Beautiful stranger, here you are in my arms
But I think it's finally, finally, finally, finally, finally safe
For me to fall
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
I grab your hand and then we run to the car
Singin' in the street and playin' air guitar
Stuck between my teeth just like a candy bar
And I wonder if it goes too far to say
I've never recognized a purer face
You stopped me in my tracks and put me right in my place
Used to think that lovin' meant a painful chase
But you're right here now and I think you'll stay
Oh, we're dancin' in my livin' room
And up come my fists
And I say, I'm only playing, but
The truth is this
I've never seen a mouth that I would kill to kiss
And I'm terrified, but the truth is this
I said
Beautiful stranger, here you are in my arms and I know
That beautiful strangers only come along to do me wrong
And I hope
Beautiful stranger, here you are in my arms
And I think it's finally, finally, finally, finally, finally safe
For me to fall
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Yeah, I think it's finally, finally, finally, finally
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 17.12.21 0:47

Acabo de buscar alguna presentación en directo.........y esta en SNL es increible....

Primera parte del tema ella sola a la guitarra, luego full band y....la primera vez que escucho un tema suyo con slide.....delicioso....lo bor-dan

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 17.12.21 19:11

Igual que con algunos temas anteriores, me ha dado el enganche con Beautiful Stranger, y cualquiera de sus versiones son fantásticas, la del disco, la de SNL en plan country, y esta stripped...

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 17.12.21 20:23

Alanis Interlude es una colaboración con Alanis Morrisette, quien fue gran influencia para Halsey...

La letra es una celebración del amor bisex. Sabía que Halsey lo es, deduzco que Alanis también tendrá esa misma orientación...

Halsey to Zane Lowe, via Apple Music:
"A big flex. The biggest flex. I wrote her a letter and she was nine months pregnant, maybe a little less, and I tried to tell her what an irrevocable impact she’d had on my life. I told her I would never have been brave enough to say the things I’ve said if she hadn’t said them first, and that I was making a record about all the important parts of me and I couldn’t imagine making it without her. And she said yes. The interludes represent different relationships in my life: Dom represents brotherly love and Alanis represents sexual and professional empowerment. In case you missed any of the subtext on my last albums, I’m bi. And I wanted this song to be very queer. Who better to do it with than Alanis, who’s one of the women who helped me feel comfortable with my sexuality as a young person?"

Y el video, está claro que fue grabado al comienzo del lockdown del año pasado...

They performed the song live for the first time Live at PrideToronto on June 28, 2020:

Otro temazo más en su cuenta....

Don't chain your innocence
A shiny badge, a suit to match
Bit my nails down so they wouldn't scratch
But who believes in needs like these?
I'll take two of them, please
With soft skin, soft as all these
Beautiful laps and beautiful thighs
They always kept me up at night
But I can't change my appetite
'Cause your pussy is a wonderland
And I could be a better man
It doesn't matter to me
Your pussy is a wonderland
It doesn't matter to me
'Cause he and she is her
And her and he are love
And I have never felt the difference
'Cause he and she is her
And her and he are love
A child in all these labels
And my girl, she always wore a skirt in the classroom
Eatin' my dessert in the bathroom
Can't get caught so we stiller than a statue
Bad news, think I'll prolly die before I have you
Soft skin, soft as all these
Beautiful laps and beautiful thighs
They always kept me up at night
But l live for lovin' in the light
'Cause your pussy is a wonderland
It doesn't matter to me
Yeah, your pussy is a wonderland
It doesn't matter to me (Hey, yeah)
'Cause he and she is her
And her and he are love
'Cause he and she is her
And her and he are love
'Cause he and she is her
And her and he are love
'Cause he and she is her
And her and he are love

Poner Pussy en un estribillo solo lo recuerdo en Rammstein...
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 18.12.21 20:54

A continuación llega Killing Boys, y tengo que recurrir a un video de fan grabado precisamente en el primer concierto de la gira, en Madrid, gira que solo pudo completarse en Europa debido al impacto de la pandemia poco después...

La calidad de imagen y sonido es muy buena....y es típico que los fans canten las canciones a pleno...

Aunque nos perdemos la colaboración de Amanda Seyfried y Megan Fox interpretando el diálogo de la primera estrofa del tema..

It is about a past relationship, while in “You should be sad” Halsey expresses her frustrations about a previous relationship. In “killing boys” she expresses her break with pride, the song shares some similarity with “Nightmare” of it. It’s about what a woman should be after a breakup, be a strong and independent woman.
In addition to the track being interpolated in the intro, part of the 2009 horror film “Jennifer’s Body”, protagonized by Meghan Fox and Amanda Seyfried.

[Intro: Amanda Seyfried & Megan Fox]
You're killing people
No, I'm killing boys
Boys are just placeholders, they come and they go
You're my best friend, and I wanna help you
But I won't let you kill again
That's a lose-lose

[Verse 1: Halsey]
Told me pick my battles and be pickin' 'em wise
But I wanna pick 'em all and I don't wanna decide
No more, no more, anymore
So we'll sneak in in the back and then we'll kick in the door
Tell me, have you ever keyed a Ferrari before?
Oh no, I don't anymore

And I'm not breakin', I won't take it
And I won't ever feel this way again
'Cause you don't need me anymore, woah
And I won't ever try again
And all I want in return is revenge
'Cause I don't need you anymore, woah
So where do you go?

[Verse 2: Halsey]
Pull up to the drive and I remember the codes
Yeah, the only fuckin' numbers you don't hide in your phone
Climb up to the window and I'm breakin' the glass
Then I stop, 'cause I don't wanna Uma Thurman your ass

And I'm not breakin', I won't take it
And I won't ever feel this way again
'Cause you don't need me anymore, woah
And I won't ever try again
And all I want in return is revenge
'Cause I don't need you anymore, woah
So where do you go?

[Outro: Halsey]
Woah, woah, woah, oh, oh
When I don't need you anymore
Woah, woah, woah, oh, oh
And I don't need you
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 24.12.21 3:10

Reprendemos el repaso a Manic con el tercer interludio del disco, recordemos que los anteriores fueron Dominic's Interlude y Alanis' Interlude....

Este es Suga's Interlude, y cuenta lógicamente con la intervención del tal Suga, miembro de una boy band coreana, BTS, que me es totalmente desconocida....y seguirá siéndolo de momento....

“Suga’s Interlude” is the third single from Manic, released alongside “Finally // beautiful stranger.” The tracks feature Min Yoongi, who goes by Suga, from the Korean group BTS.

The dreamlike track recounts the experience of falling in and out of love with music. Indeed, both artists are passionate about the art, but with the overtones of the music industry always looming over them, they sometimes question their love for it. The introspective song acknowledges the fear of letting go, but also the acceptance of such thoughts and fears.

Earlier in the year, Halsey featured in BTS’s “작은 것들을 위한 시 (Boy With Luv)” which she claimed was a “historic opportunity.” The collaboration broke the record for the most Youtube views in 24 hours, reaching 74.6 million (official) streams.

[Intro: Halsey]
I've been trying all my life
To separate the time
In between the having it all
And giving it up, yeah

[Verse 1: SUGA]
Ayy, 내 머릿속엔 파란색만 가득한 이 방황
자기혐오들과 자만이 내 마음속에 살아
꿈이 가득한 난 자라 모든 꿈을 이뤘건만
꿈은 꿈으로만 간직하는 게
더 낫지라는 생각을
동시에 하며 살아가고 있지
내 도약은 추락이 아니기를
너의 신념 노력 믿음 욕심들은
추악이 아님임을 믿어 ayy
해가 뜨기 전 새벽은 무엇보다 어둡지만
네가 바란 별들은 어둠 속에서만
뜬다는 걸 절대 잊지 마

I been trying all my life
To separate the time
And giving it up, yeah (Hey)
I wonder what's in store
If I don't love it anymore (Hey)
Stuck between the having it all

[Verse 2: SUGA]
가끔은 내가 걷고 있는 게 맞는지
하염없이 터널 끝을 향해 달리면
뭐가 또 있을런지
맞긴 한지 내가 바라던 미래와는
솔직히 다른 거지
상관없지 이제는 생존의 문제
어찌 됐든 상관없지 yeah, yeah
네가 바란 것들과는 다를지 몰라 (몰라)
네가 살아가는 것도 사랑하는 것도 변할지 몰라 (몰라)
That’s true (That’s true, that’s true)
(Yeah) Yeah, so, are you gonna move?
꾸물거리기엔 우린 아직 젊고 어려 부딪혀보자고
So what you gonna do?

I been trying all my life
To separate the time (Hey)
I wonder what's in store
If I don't love it anymore (Hey)
Stuck between the having it all
And giving it up, yeah
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 25.12.21 21:31

More es una delicada canción de amor para su futuro (y primer)  bebé, después de haber sufrido tres abortos involuntarios,que le llevaron a creer que no podría engendrar, y llegó a pensar en congelar óvulos...

Halsey, via Spotify: This was the most personal song to write. I wrote the lyrics to this one in less than 5 minutes. It’s a love song, but not tot a romantic partner. To someone in the universe who doesn’t exist yet. But will one day

Somehow, I just want you more
And when you decide it's your time to arrive
I've loved you for all of my life
And nothing could stop me from giving a try

On March 25, 2019, Halsey tweeted about her personal health, particularly her endometriosis. In the tweet she also revealed that she has had 3 miscarriages, one of which occurred during her August 2015 Vevo LIFT performance.

Halsey, via Apple Music: "I've been really open about my struggles with reproductive health, about wanting to freeze my eggs and having endometriosis and things like that. For a long time, I didn’t think that having a family was something I was going to be able to do, and it’s very, very important to me. Then one day my OB-GYN tells me it’s looking like I maybe can, and I was so moved. It felt like this ascension into a different kind of womanhood. All of a sudden, everything is different. I’m not going to go tour myself to death because I have nothing else to do and I’m overcompensating for not being able to have this other thing that I really want. Now, I have a choice. I’ve never had a choice before. Lido and I built the fading instrumental at the end of the song to sound like a sonogram, like you were hearing the sounds from inside a womb. It’s one of the most special songs I’ve ever made."

Throughout “More”, Halsey longs for her unborn child, confessing that her trials and tribulations have increased her love for the future baby. One effect of endometriosis is fertility issues, which almost lead to Halsey freezing her eggs. After some lifestyle changes, her doctors decided this was not necessary, with Halsey telling Rolling Stone in June 2019:

I was like, ‘Wait, what did you just say? Did you just say I can have kids?’ It was like the reverse of finding out you have a terminal illness.

In January 2021, Halsey revealed she was pregnant with her first child.

They told me once, nothing grows
When a house ain't a home
Is it true, honestly
When it's all a part of me?
A couple years of waiting rooms
Finding God, and losing too
Wanna scream, but what's the use?
Lyin' awake, and I stare at the door
I just can't take it no more
They told me it's useless, there's no hope in store
But somehow I just want you more
I want you more
I want you more
Wooden floors and little feet
A flower bud in concrete
Feelin' so incomplete
Wonder will we ever meet?
And would you know it right away
How hard I try to see your face?
A little screen, a photograph, mine to take
I sit and I stare at your clothes in the drawer
I cry and my knuckles get sore
'Cause I still believe it won't be like before
And now somehow I just want you more
I want you more
I want you more
And when you decide it's your time to arrive
And nothing could stop me from giving a try
Loved you more
Somehow, I still love you more
Love you more
Somehow, I still love you more

Última edición por Intruder el 25.12.21 23:00, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 25.12.21 22:50

Nos acercamos al final de Manic con otra joya, Still Learning, de la cual contamos como mejor opción el lyric video, con ilustraciones y letras a cargo de la misma Halsey.......recompensadas con 11 millones de vistas....

La canción (temazo) versa como Halsey, a pesar de ya haber alcanzado el éxito, sigue con una baja autoestima e inseguridades, y como sigue aprendiendo a quererse ella misma...

“Still Learning” is about how despite achieving great success with her music, Halsey still struggles to love herself. Throughout the track, Halsey bares her vulnerable side, highlighting her lack of self-esteem and self-love.

The track features a writing credit from English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, who had worked on a track by Halsey before, the July 2018 collaboration “Eastside.” Another English musician played a hand in track’s creation, Romy Madley Croft of Th
.e xx

[Intro]
Oh, oh
Yeah

[Verse 1]
I should be living the dream
But I'm livin' with a security team
And that ain't gonna change, no
I got a paranoia in me
And you wouldn't believe
Everything that I seen, no
Comin' apart at the seams
And no one around me knows

[Pre-Chorus]
Who I am, what I'm on
Who I've hurt and where they've gone
I know that I've done some wrong
But I'm tryna make it right
To the one I love, bring me 'round
Get me out right now (Oh-oh)
And know that I love you

[Chorus]
But I'm still learning to love myself
(To love my–, to love my–, to love my–)
I'm still learning to love myself
(To love my–, to love my–, to love my–) Yeah, yeah

[Verse 2]
I should be living the dream
But I go home and I got no self-esteem (Nope)
You think I'm swimmin' in green
But it's passed around my family tree
No man wants to really commit
Intimidated 'cause I get paid and shit
In the crowd, you're readin' my lips
But no one around me knows

[Pre-Chorus]
Who I am, what I'm on
The same mistakes on and on
To all my friends, I'm sorry for
And know that I love you

[Chorus]
But I'm still learning (I'm still learning) to love myself
I'm still learning (I'm still learning) to love myself (To love myself)
(To love my–, to love my–, to love my–) Yeah, yeah (Oh, oh)
Oh, I try and I try to remember sometimes
If I breathe, it's alright, but some things don't change
(To love my–, to love my–, to love myself) Yeah, yeah

[Bridge]
Who I am, what I'm on
To the one I love, bring me 'round
Get me out right now (And the ones I love)
And the ones I love

[Chorus]
(To love my–, to love my–, to love my–, ooh)
And I try and I try to remember sometimes
If I breathe, it's alright, but some things don't change
I'm still learning (I'm still learning) to love myself (I'm still learning)
To love myself, tryna love myself

[Outro]
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 26.12.21 23:16

La versión standart (16 temas) de Manic concluye con 929, una canción totalmente autobiográfica, que Halsey posteriormente completó con un video de imágenes familiares, relatando su vida desde la niñez hasta su llegada a la fama, pasando por los cambios de domicilio....

Estos últimos temas, donde Halsey relata sus problemas de autoestima, la frsutración por no poder ser madre, est tema autobiográfico, los 3 interludios donde se refiere a 3 experiencias sentimentales pasadas.........configuran Manic como un álbum extremadamente personal, donde Halsey es ella misma el sujeto, en contraposición a Room 94 (la adolescencia) Badlands (una sociedad distópica) o Hopeless Fountain Kingdom (la puesta al dia del mito Romeo y Julieta, el amor imposible)

Y el tema en el próximo álbum será la maternidad...

[Intro]
I really was born at 9:29 AM on 9/29
You think I'm lying, but I'm, I'm being dead serious (I gotta see this birth certificate)
Okay, I'll prove it

[Verse]
Well, who am I? I'm almost 25
Can't remember half the time that I've been alive
'Cause half was in a cheap apartment
And half was on the Eastside (Eastside)
They said don't meet your heroes, they're all fuckin' weirdos
And God knows that they were right
Because nobody loves you, they just try to fuck you
Then put you on a feature on the B-Side
And who do you call when it's late at night?
When the headlines just don't paint the picture right
When you look at yourself on a screen and say
"Oh my God, there's no way that's me"
And I, I quit smoking, well recently, I tried
And I bought another house, and I never go outside
And I remember this girl with pink hair in Detroit
Well, she told me
She said, "Ashley, you gotta promise us that you won't die
'Cause we need you," and honestly, I think that she lied
And I remember the names of every single kid I've met
But I forget half the people who I've gotten in bed
And I've stared at the sky in Milwaukee
And hoped that my father would finally call me
And it's just these things that I'm thinkin' for hours
And I'm pickin' my hair out in clumps in the shower
Lost the love of my life to an ivory powder
But then I realize that I'm no higher power
That I wasn't in love then, and I'm still not now
And I'm so happy I figured that out
I've got a long way to go until self-preservation
Think my moral compass is on a vacation
And I can't believe I still feed my fucking temptation
I'm still looking for my salvation

[Chorus]
Soft and slow, watch the minutes go
Count out loud, so we know you don't keep 'em for yourself
Watch the minutes go

[Interlude]
I think I have a confession to make, I feel like (So we know you don't)
I need to say that I was really born at 9:26
It's on my birth certificate, I'm a liar
Man, I'm a fucking liar

[Outro]
Soft and slow, watch the minutes go
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por BlueStarRider 27.12.21 0:48

Voto "topic más turras del año" para este de Halsey.
BlueStarRider
BlueStarRider

Mensaje por Intruder 27.12.21 1:38

Leo que la edición de luxe de Manic incluye tres bonus tracks, el primero una versión "original voicenote" de la ya conocida You Should Be Sad, y el segundo un tema completamente original, I'm Not Mad...con un ritmo totalmente adictivo...

Halsey explica porque quedó fuera de la edición original de Manic:

Halsey shared via Twitter:
It was really hard to decide which songs were going to be exclusive to different versions of the album. But I ultimately ended up putting ‘wipe your tears and ‘I’m Not Mad’ as bonus tracks because even though I really wanted to keep them, they felt the least essential to the plot that I was trying to get across, because they were so much about other people. And even though there are songs on Manic about my experiences with others, I really wanted the journey to feel cohesive, as being about me, and myself, and my discovery.

[Verse 1]
I'm not even mad anymore
No, really, I ain't even mad anymore
Yeah, I don't even want you back anymore
I don't remember what we had anymore, yeah
I hope your back aches and your knees hurt
I hope you think about me sleepin' in your T-shirt
I hope your little brother turns out to be nothing like you
I hope that you hurt more than I do

[Chorus]
And honestly, I still wish you nothing but the best
I know that you're still self-obsessed
I hear the wicked get no rest
But when you do, I hope you dream of me

[Post-Chorus]
You know, you know I'm hopin'
Yeah, I hope you dream of me (You know, you know I'm hopin')
I hope you dream of me (You know, you know I'm hopin')
I hope you dream of me, yeah

[Verse 2]
I don't even hope you die these days
I hope you live 'til eighty-five these days
Regretting that you ever lied these days
I hope it's eating you alive these days (Yeah)
I hope you're up late in a bathroom
Just wishin' I'ma change my mind and come back soon
I hope that when you're thirty-five years
You'll wish that you tried to
'Cause I know that I do

[Chorus]
And honestly, I still wish you nothing but the best

[Post-Chorus]
Yeah, I hope you dream of me
Yeah, I hope you dream of me
I hope you dream of me

[Bridge]
I ain't even mad about it anymore
No, really, I ain't even mad about it anymore
Maybe just a little less than I was before
I've got a twenty dollar bill that says
You're never, ever, ever gonna change

[Chorus]
I still wish you nothing but the best
I still wish you nothing but the best

[Post-Chorus]
Yeah, I hope you dream of me (You know, you know I'm hopin')
I hope you dream of me (You know, you know I'm hopin')
I hope you dream of me, yeah (You know, you know I'm hopin')
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 28.12.21 2:28

El tercer y último bonus track, con el que damos por cerrado Manic, se llama Wipe Your Tears, y Halsey lo dejó fuera de la edición original por igual motivo que el anterior I'm Not Mad, por ser temas referidos a terceras personas, y ya dijimos que Halsey quiso centrar el disco en temas personales...

De todos los 18 temas es el único que no tiene siquiera un lyric video, asi cerramos el disco con la imagen de portada, otra señal más del deseo de hacer una obra "personalizada"

This song is about Halsey who was in love with this certain girl and was willing to do everything for her. She promises, “Nothing’s gonna hurt you” and, “Nothing’s gonna make you cry”. She’d feel horrible if someone else were to take her spot as this girl’s lover, considering how much she loves her. She’ll “keep her friends close” but preferably wants this girl more. She’s a cold person, but she convinces herself that “the world is colder” and that she isn’t so bad. She doesn’t want to be alone, even if she slightly has doubts about this cold girl. She keeps a pistol to shoot these doubts about this girl. Halsey really wanted someone and she believed that this girl could be her other half.

[Chorus]
Hey, you know I tell her all the time
Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby
Nothing's gonna make you cry
I'll be damned if I ever let another hand
Wipe your tears before they dry
Nothing's gonna make you cry
I'll be damned if I ever let another hand
Wipe your tears before they dry

[Verse]
Keep your friends close, but this pretty girl closer
Kiss her on the neck, little baby is a poser
Thinks she's so cold, but the world is colder
Take her in my lap and I'll promise that I'll hold her
My bed is too big for only me
I keep a pistol when I sleep
Inside my mouth so I can shoot
Down all the bad things

[Chorus]
You know I tell her all the time
You know I tell her all the time
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 28.12.21 2:39

No había pasado un mes de la publicación de Manic cuando Halsey arrancó su gira mundial, iniciando en Europa el 6 de febrero de 2020 .......en el Wizink Center de Madrid.........lamentablemente, la gira solo duró los 17 conciertos en Europa, finalizando el 12 de marzo, por los motivos que todos conocemos.....

Este video documenta algunos conciertos de la gira, y hay bastante footage de Barcelona y mucho más de Madrid.....

Halsey conquistando las grandes arenas europeas...

Descubriendo a HALSEY      VIII  Quinto álbum a punto... - Página 3 Halsey18

Última edición por Intruder el 28.12.21 3:01, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 28.12.21 2:56

Descubriendo a HALSEY      VIII  Quinto álbum a punto... - Página 3 Halsey17
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 29.12.21 1:40

Buscando videos del concierto de Madrid, de momento me quedo con Eyes Closed, una de mis favoritas del segundo álbum.....que se convierte al final en otro tema que no identifico....

Hay artistas a quien el escenario les viene grande..........a Halsey le quedan pequeños hasta los más grandes....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 29.12.21 2:29

Al dia siguiente, el concierto de Barcelona....

Me duele habérmelo perdido, aunque en aquella época creo que solo me sabía un tema de ella, Graveyard, no había escuchado Manic, y por encima de todo......tenía la impresión de que ella cantaba en vivo, pero la música eran pistas, playback.... porque la asociaba al pop urbano............de hecho, los videos de ella en vivo pueden dar esta impresión, porque los músicos quedan situados muy a los lados, casi desaparecidos de la escena...

El último tema de la noche...

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 29.12.21 22:35

Paralelamente al periplo europeo de presentación de Manic, se edita "Experiment On Me", una colaboración de Halsey con el grupo Bring Me The Horizon, a quienes no conozco pero me suena haber leido algo sobre ellos en este foro......dicha colaboración forma parte de la banda sonora del film Birds Of Prey....

In December 2019, Halsey appeared on the Bring Me the Horizon EP Music to Listen To…. The band's vocalist, Oli Sykes, later teased additional collaborations; one of them was revealed a month later to be the Oli Sykes and Jordan Fish-produced[128] song "Experiment on Me", from the soundtrack of the superhero film Birds of Prey (2020), which was released on February 7, 2020.

El tema es probablemente el más rock (o post rock) de Halsey hasta ese momento....¿estaría ya Halsey pensando en el giro que ha dado en el cuarto álbum, con Trent Reznor? El final del tema es francamente frenético....

Prior to its release, Halsey said this about the track:"Hands down craziest song I’ve ever recorded. By a landslide. And rightfully so for Harley!!!!!"

Bet you think you get the picture
Bitch, you don't know how good I treat ya
Shake it off, this pride and glory
You dig up so many stories
Oh, you're so under the thumb
Four fingers form a knuckle sandwich
Try my blood, it's just a starter
No one tastes like me, yeah
I'm pretty like a car crash
Ugly as a lullaby
You really wanna try it
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Girl, I've been way too much to handle
Bitch, I've never been a good example
Seen not heard is what they told me
I look too good to be this lonely
Oh, grab this loaded gun
So hopeless but I'm still romantic
Bloodstained, I'm gonna blow a kiss
And I bet it tastes like me, yeah
Ugly as a lullaby
You really wanna try it
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Lock up your sons, make way for the daughters
You be the lamb, and we'll be the slaughter
You've burned the witches, now you're defenseless
Who needs a Y this many X's?
Ugly as a lullaby
You really wanna try it
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me
Experiment on me

Última edición por Intruder el 29.12.21 22:58, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder 29.12.21 22:56

Ya en pleno inicio de pandemia, llega otra colaboración, Be Kind, esta vez musicalmente mucho más convencional, con un tal Marshmello también desconocido para mí, supongo que es el enmascarado que aparece al final, en plan Daft Punk....

A collaboration with Marshmello titled "Be Kind" was released on May 1,with the music video premiering on June 27.

El tema es más convencional, pero adictivo al máximo ¿por qué todo lo que hace Halsey es buenisimo y tiene un encanto brutal?

Wanna believe, wanna believe
That you don't have a bad bone in your body
But the bruises on your ego make you go wild, wild, wild, yeah
Wanna believe, wanna believe
That even when you're stone-cold, you're sorry
Tell me why you gotta be so outta your mind, yeah
I know you're chokin' on your fears
Already told you I'm right here
I will stay by your side every night
I don't know why you hide from the one
And close your eyes to the one
Mess up and lie to the one that you love