I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU) II - Queen Of The Clouds

+2
Hellrose Place
Intruder
6 participantes

I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds Empty I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU) II - Queen Of The Clouds

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 27 Ago 2023 - 2:47

Ya tiene tiempo que no abro un post musical dedicado, y los pocos que he abierto en este bendito o maldito foro han sido dedicados a un/a artista en singular.

Ese fue el caso con Halsey  I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds 2764 , de quienes apenas conocía un par de temas. Abrí ese hilo con la intención de repasar su carrera desde su momento cero, sus primeras canciones y videos, y......desde su primer EP ya quedé prendado de su música....

Me gustaría repetir esa experiencia con la cantante sueca Tove Lo, debido a que no existe hilo suyo en el foro. ¿Por qué Tove Lo? Porque a 26 de agosto de 2023 ha publicado para mi gusto el mejor tema del año hasta esa fecha. Y he rebuscado un poco en su último álbum, publicado el año anterior, y he escuchado algunos bomabazos....

Así que repetiré con Tove el mismo procedimiento que el usado con Halsey.......desde el inicio.......a ver en qué momento llega el embrujo...o no...

Para empezar, Tove nos ofrece una simpática explicación sobre como pronunciar su nombre...

Última edición por Intruder el Sáb 21 Oct 2023 - 2:19, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds Empty Re: I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU) II - Queen Of The Clouds

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 27 Ago 2023 - 3:03

Antes de viajar al pasado, donde el punto de partida creo que será 2013 o 2014, es justo que desvele ese tema que me llamó tanto la atención como para empezar a indagar...

Se trata de Borderline, publicada este 2023........Aquí a continuación una probadita en un video de sound check previo a un concierto.....

La versión oficial suena así....

Pero dejamos el video oficial, una maravilla, para cuando la historia alcance 2023........

Última edición por Intruder el Dom 3 Sep 2023 - 19:04, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds Empty Re: I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU) II - Queen Of The Clouds

Mensaje por Hellrose Place Dom 27 Ago 2023 - 8:04

Muy fan de Tove Lo. Tengo todos sus discos. Me apunto al viaje!
Hellrose Place
Hellrose Place

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 27 Ago 2023 - 18:27

@Hellrose Me encanta tenerte como primer@ compañer@ de viaje..... Además, tus aportaciones serán geniales dado que ya llevas tiempo siguiendo a Tove...

Para empezar, nos vendrán bien unas breves notas biográficas de la artista, echando mano de la Wikipedia inglesa, la cual he encontrado más informativa que la versión en castellano. Además, doy por supuesto que tod@s l@s forer@s se desenvuelven bien con el inglés. Si no es el caso, avisad...

Early years:

Ebba Tove Elsa Nilsson was born on 29 October 1987 in Helsingborg, Scania County, Sweden. She has one older brother and is the daughter of iZettle co-founder Magnus Nilsson and psychologist Gunilla Nilsson Edholm.Her lifelong nickname and adopted stage name, Tove Lo, was given to her at age three by her godmother because of her love for lynxes (singular: "lo" in Swedish). She explained; "There was this lynx at a zoo that was called Tove, and that I totally fell in love with. It was my dear godmother who decided to call me Tove Lo, after that lynx. It stuck." Lo moved to the affluent Djursholm district of Danderyd Municipality, just north of Stockholm when she was six years old. She describes her childhood as being "very protected" and her family as "pretty posh". The singer excelled in social sciences at school and grew fond of literature, writing poetry and short stories. In an interview with the BBC, she explained, "Growing up so safe, I think I was looking for something else." During her teens she suffered from bulimia, for which her mother sought to help her through a therapist. After her first serious relationship breakup she cut herself several times due to the embarrassment.

Nilsson developed a love for music and formed a girl band with her friends. She wrote her first song with them at age 10 or 11. By age 15, Lo had written "all these lyrics that nobody ever saw" and had performed twice on stage, before enrolling at Rytmus Musikergymnasiet, a Stockholm music school. During her time at Rytmus, she developed a friendship with Caroline Hjelt, who would later form the Swedish duo Icona Pop. After two years, she graduated from the school and felt assured that her career would be in music despite her parents preferring she do something else.

2006–2013: Career beginnings and songwriting

In 2006, Lo began writing songs with Christian Bjerring, a guitarist from Rytmus. The pair then formed a math rock band, Tremblebee, with three other male students from the school. They played together for "three years in bars across Sweden, independently releasing some of their songs, before breaking up in 2009. During her time with the band, Lo developed a passion for performing on stage, and was introduced to Swedish production duo The Struts.[23] After Tremblebee broke up, Lo's musical focus turned toward pop. She decided to work on her own tracks, spending six months in her shed studio producing a demo, while doing session singing to support herself. She learned to play the drums and became knowledgeable about music programming and record production. Lo later lived with the duo Icona Pop, in a suburb near Stockholm.

Lo met an A&R man at a party in Stockholm celebrating Icona Pop's first record deal and handed him her demo. They met again by chance in a bar in London. He liked her demo and subsequently introduced her to a songwriting group which included The Struts and Hjelt. In 2011, Lo decided to pursue a career in songwriting and earned a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell Music. This new career path led her to travel to Los Angeles, and work with Swedish producer Max Martin. In 2012, she collaborated with British production team Xenomania and Swedish producer Alexander Kronlund, co-writing Girls Aloud's "Something New", Icona Pop's "We Got the World" and tracks for the duo's self-titled debut album.

Lo then decided to manage an "indie career on the side", recording her more personal compositions and releasing them independently. She released her first single, "Love Ballad", in October 2012....

Chop off my hands
Chop off my feet
I'd do it for you
Ain't love sweet?

Jump off a cliff
I'd give you my last spliff
I'd do it for you
Ain't love sweet?

Stab my heart, bleeding out
If you feel doubt about me loving you
Cause, oh, I do
Pour gasoline on me
Oh, yes I burn slowly
So that you feel that I am for real

Cause this is my one true sacrifice
It never gets old
No need for you to roll the dice
I am the one to hold
It never gets old

Getting in fights
If you say it's right
Shoot them all down
Ain't love sweet?

Breathing your air
Addictive, I swear
I'll never leave
Ain't love sweet?

Cause, oh, I do
Pour gasoline on me
Oh, yes I burn slowly

It never gets old
I am the one to hold
It never gets old

Cause I'm the one to hold
Cause you know I would

Cause, oh, I do
Pour gasoline on me
Oh, yes I burn slowly

It never gets old
I am the one to hold
It never gets old
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 27 Ago 2023 - 21:19

Es impresionante, pero ya el primer tema publicado oficialmente ya me ha encantado. Creo que no andaba desencaminado al abrir este hilo a Tove.

Así pues, seguiremos avanzado desde el pasado, y me gustaría repetir la mecánica que seguí con Halsey....con cada tema, video con canción original, letra, y un video con la canción en directo, ya sea en estudio de TV o radio, o en concierto....y preferentemente de la misma época....

Y el video elegido para Love Ballad es esta hechizante versión acústica

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por daconhe Lun 28 Ago 2023 - 14:37

Muy pero que muy fan. Me la perdí en el Mad Cool Sad, deseando una gira. Dirt Femme es un discazo.

Saludos.
daconhe
daconhe

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 28 Ago 2023 - 20:37

daconhe escribió:Muy pero que muy fan. Me la perdí en el Mad Cool Sad, deseando una gira. Dirt Femme es un discazo.

Saludos.

Ya somos 3 deseando esa gira...
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 28 Ago 2023 - 20:44

Siguiendo con la historia donde la habíamos dejado....

Lo then decided to manage an "indie career on the side", recording her more personal compositions and releasing them independently. She released her first single, "Love Ballad", in October 2012, and her second single, "Habits", in March 2013. The latter gained her a substantial online following.

Todas las promesas del tema debut se cumplen con Habits....temazo

A pesar de que me gusta más el segundo video de Habits, publicado al año siguiente con motivo del lanzamiento del primer EP de Tove, me parece mejor respetar en lo posible el orden cronológico.....

Última edición por Intruder el Sáb 23 Sep 2023 - 19:25, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por jackster Lun 28 Ago 2023 - 20:52

Muy buen concierto en Roskilde. En escandinavia es enorme y llenó sin problema el Orange. La gente como loca y las mujeres mucho más. Sigue siendo Habits su hit más tocho, de largo.
jackster
jackster

http://www.solo-rock.com

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 28 Ago 2023 - 20:59

Demuestras muy buen gusto musical jackster....

De hecho, voy a colgar unas cuantas versiones de Habits. Mientras me decido por cuales, pongo este video de los inicios de Tove, donde muestra como compuso el tema. Este es otro aspecto importante de Tove, la composición, la cual ha practicado escribiendo para otros artistas de éxito.....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Hellrose Place Lun 28 Ago 2023 - 21:36

Habits es una maravilla. Esta versión en directo en la radio sueca  que es  grandiosa....ese momento donde a Tove se le rompe la voz... Con esa canción me hice fan automáticamente y me pillé Queen of the Clouds.
Hellrose Place
Hellrose Place

Mensaje por Intruder Mar 29 Ago 2023 - 1:11

¡Excelente elección Hellrose!

Tengo recopilados casi 10 videos de presentaciones oficiales de Habits en emisoras de Radio o TV, pero todas de 2014.........pero ahora buscaba una de 2013, y la que has posteado es genial, de Abril de 2013, justo un mes tras la publicación del tema.

Y esta interpretación.........¡es la mejor de todas!

I eat my dinner in my bathtub
Then I go to sex clubs
Watching freaky people getting it on
It doesn't make me nervous
If anything, I'm restless
Yeah, I've been around, and I've seen it all

I get home, I got the munchies
Binge on all my Twinkies
Throw up in the 'tub, then I go to sleep
And I drank up all my money
Dazed and kinda lonely

You're gone, and I gotta stay high all the time
To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
High all the time to keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Spend my days locked in a haze
Trying to forget you, babe, I fall back down
Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missing you
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Pick up daddies at the playground
How I spend my daytime
Loosen up the frown, make them feel alive
I make it fast and greasy
I'm numb, and way too easy

To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Staying in my play pretend
Where the fun ain't got no end, oh
Can't go home alone again
Need someone to numb the pain, oh

Staying in my play pretend
Where the fun ain't got no end, oh-oh
Can't go home alone again
Need someone to numb the pain

To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Oh-oh
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Jue 31 Ago 2023 - 21:15

A pesar del fuerte impacto alcanzado por Habits, Tove no publica nada más en 2013 bajo su nombre en solitario, pero si realiza algunas colaboraciones....

Throughout 2013, Max Martin and his fellow Swedish producer Shellback mentored Lo. She was featured on Swedish disc jockey Lucas Nord's single, "Run on Love", released in June 2013 for his album Islands.

I had one mission
But I committed treason
Can't believe I caved for you
So I am now a failure
Everything I gave ya
Let's elope and live like you

Trapped inside each other
We don't even bother
Naive, say it's a beautiful thing
Hope we live forever
Doesn't sound too clever
Works as my protective wing

We can run on love for a while
We can run on love 'til it dies
'Til it dies again

'Til it dies again

And together we fall

I had one mission
But I committed treason
Promised I would stay away
From you and your bad tricks
You are my quick fix
I can feel it fade away

Suddenly the day came
We started to place blame
Driving us right out of our heads
You say it's my error
I say look in the mirror
The reason why our flame is dead

'Til it dies again

'Til it dies

I always go back to you
I always go back
I always go back to you
I always go back
I always go back to you
I always go back
I always go back to you

Together we fall
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 3 Sep 2023 - 14:56

La segunda colaboración ya me ha puesto un poco en guardia, porque me da miedo de que Tove pueda verse atraída por los DJ's y la EDM (Electronic Dance Music) tan pronto, después de lanzar 2 o 3 temas tan personales y buenísimos...

She also collaborated on the single "Strangers" by Seven Lions and Myon & Shane 54 for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones film soundtrack (2013)

Un tema algo random, fácilmente olvidable como lo fue la película, donde solo destaca su voz...

No vamos a entrar en el resto de colaboraciones de 2013, puesto que son participaciones en temas como co-compositora, o haciendo coros....

She also collaborated ........ in Seven Lions' extended play (EP), Worlds Apart (2014). She also co-wrote Victoria Justice's "Gold",and tracks for Icona Pop's This Is... Icona Pop.
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 3 Sep 2023 - 19:45

Tove en solitario parece la senda correcta...

Thanks to the strength of her online following, and the popularity of "Habits", Universal Music offered Lo a recording deal, releasing her first single, "Out of Mind" in October 2013.

A music video for the song, directed by Andreas Öhman, was released the same day as the single. It features Lo having an out of body experience where she runs away from her "demons and dark thoughts", which are represented as black ghosts. The song attained little commercial reception, peaking at number 39 on the Finnish Airplay Chart.

[Verse 1]
Lovers into friends
Move on to strangers
Let go, no more us
Move on, I'm tryin'
Denyin', sayin' time will heal
Keep lyin' to make me feel
I'm okay, so you believe
I'll forget you, seriously?
Really? Are you kidding me?

[Chorus]
You're out of your, you're out of your
You're out of your mind to think that I
To think that I could keep you out of mine

[Verse 2]
Happy, used to be
Together, you and me
Things die, drift apart
Wait for a new start
Denyin', think you'll fade away
Keep lyin', I can hear you say
You're in touch with reality
And, baby, I'd say, "Are you kidding me?"

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
How can you say I'll be alright?
What makes you think that I'll be fine?
Baby, you have to be completely out of your
You're out of your mind
You're out of your

[Chorus]

[Outro]
You're out of your mind
You're out of your mind
To think that I, to think that I

Última edición por Intruder el Dom 10 Sep 2023 - 14:02, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 4 Sep 2023 - 20:04

La verdad es que este hilo está siendo un acierto, porque la chica lo tiene.....

Me impresiona su capacidad de empezar un tema en tono muy bajo, para luego elevarlo al infinito.... como en esta versión con guitarra del tema que recientemente presentamos, apenas su tercer tema en solitario....apenas un mes tras su publicación......

Presentación en emisora de radio sueca, noviembre de 2013.

Última edición por Intruder el Sáb 9 Sep 2023 - 2:03, editado 3 veces
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 9 Sep 2023 - 1:55

Lo then shifted her focus to an international singing career, earning critical acclaim for her first live shows in London and during South by Southwest in the United States.

Lo's debut EP, Truth Serum, was released on 3 March 2014. It became her first charting release in Sweden where it peaked at number 13. The EP was also a critical success, and led to several news media sources referring to Lo as "a pop star in waiting"

I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds Truth_10

It spawned three singles; "Out of Mind", the lead single, appeared only on the Finnish Airplay Chart, peaking at number 39.

Ya habíamos escuchado Out Of Mind, pero la ocasión es propicia para colgar una versión en vivo de la época, concretamente del mismo momento de la publicación del EP...........estamos en marzo de 2014..

Última edición por Intruder el Sáb 23 Sep 2023 - 23:03, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 10 Sep 2023 - 2:42

According to the singer, she had written several songs prior to the release of Truth Serum. She confessed that both the writing and recording process of the EP was very emotional, and that the vocals of the songs were taken from her demos. Truth Serum is a concept record that details Lo's "most intense" relationship from beginning to end. That approach was unintentional, as Lo realized that the tracks talked about the relationship after she had picked them for the EP. She explained; "I didn't plan to write it that way, but when I looked at the songs that I had when I was picking ones for the EP, I was like, 'Oh my god, here it is'. I didn't really figure out that it was going to be the full story right there until I looked and listened".Concerning the title of the EP, the singer decided to call it Truth Serum after she had picked the songs for it; she said in an interview that "when you look at the songs, it's all about honesty and I'm really giving up a lot of myself in these songs; I'm not filtering anything. I felt that kind of speaks a lot for how truthful the EP is".

In an interview, Lo summarised the storyline of the EP; "The song 'Love Ballad' is about the moment you decide to give everything to another person, while 'Habits' shows what happens when everything is screwed up and you just want to freak out. 'Out of Mind' deals with the stage after that, when your broken heart has mended, but the scars are still there". The EP's main genres are pop, electropop and indie pop. The Swedish edition of Truth Serum opens with "Love Ballad", a pop song with drum instrumentation. It was described as a "parody of love songs" that talks about the "carefree beginnings of a new romance". Lo also called it a "way of telling the one I love I'd do anything for him".

In the standard edition, the EP opens with "Not on Drugs", a pop, dance and electropop song in which the artist compares falling in love to being under the influence of drugs. Following the narrative of Truth Serum, it represents the happy beginning of the relationship, when Lo was "really in love" and "[could not] think straight".

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 10 Sep 2023 - 14:22

Probablemente la primera interpretación en directo de Not On Drugs, en la tele sueca, febrero de 2014....

Tema que aparece cronológicamente, tema que me encanta........

[Verse 1]
Shiny, happy, see my world in new colors
Higher fire, fly my rocket through universe

[Pre-Chorus]
I'm up with the kites in a dream so blue
I live in the sky, you come live here too
I'm Queen of the Clouds, make my wish come true
I sing to the night, let me sing to you

[Chorus]
Baby, listen please, I'm not on drugs
I'm not on drugs, I'm just in love (Oh)
Baby, don't you see? I'm not on drugs
You're high enough for me

[Verse 2]
Lighter, brighter, pick the biggest stars I find
And I'm trip, trip, tripping in my empire state of mind

[Pre-Chorus]
Ooh, I'm up with the kites in a dream so blue
I live in the sky, you come live here too
I'm Queen of the Clouds, make my wish come true
I sing to the night, let me sing to you

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
High

[Chorus]

[Outro]
High
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Hellrose Place Dom 10 Sep 2023 - 19:56

Not on Drugs es un temazo.
Hellrose Place
Hellrose Place

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 11 Sep 2023 - 19:12

Paradise es el segundo tema del EP....

"Paradise" is a jungle and drum and bass song with electronic elements; it talks about the moment when Lo realizes that she needs and relies on her partner.

Sin palabras...esto es temazo tras temazo....

Touch you once, my fingers go numb
Hold my breath one second too long
Fainting nervous when I wake up
You'll be gone, you're all that I got

Being with you, my natural high
Still got every single butterfly
Just what they all wish that they had
So intense, it's driving me mad
So into you now

Said I want you for a million days
You say you want the same with me
With love for real without the lies
Is that what they call paradise?
All of you wanna be in it
Paradise
Paradise

Dark days when I'm feeling the doubt
Bring me back, you're light of my life
You sweep all my worries away
Brush me off, know I'll be okay

Right this way forever and on
When I drown, I feel like I've won
'Cause I made it all the way through
Tear in love, a lifetime with you
So into you now

Paradise
Paradise

Paradise, oh-oh

Paradise
Paradise
I want you for a million days

No sé con cual quedarme, si la versión en solitario o la full band en concierto... bueno, un poco sí sé....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 11 Sep 2023 - 20:15

No puedo resistirme a este video con una primera versión de Paradise en diciembre de 2012......casi un año y medio antes de su publicación en Truth Serum....

Hemos visto antes la versión "soundcheck" con Tove sola al teclado, la versión con banda completa, y ahora......Tove con guitarrista de apoyo..........y esta última es sin duda la que tiene más garra, en ocasiones parece que la energía desborde la actuación, el sentimiento amateur venciendo a la performance profesional....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Miér 20 Sep 2023 - 22:04

La tercera canción del EP es Over...

The electropop song "Over" details the part when Lo and her boyfriend end the relationship. The singer stated that it was about "me making a big mistake and having to confess and come clean".

No hay video oficial, y, como no me gusta videos sin imagen, siempre es una garantía recurrir a sus presentaciones en radio y tv....

Stay up 'til dawn
I can't go home again now
After tonight
Seems like I'm out of your life
Apologize
No, it won't make it better
What can I say? It's all too late

Tell me, is this the part when
When we part ways forever
Part when

We are O-o-o-ver
Wish I was, wish I was
So-so-so-sober
Guess we are, guess we are Fighting all this fight
You're so cold without the love There is nothing left out of everything we were
O-o-o-ver
Guess we are over

Walk through the door
You see that I've been crying
Head hanging low
You say "where the hell have you been? "
Should I deny?
And maybe dodge this bullet
You read my mind
I just can't lie

Tell me, is this the part when When we part ways forever
Part when

We are O-o-o-over
Wish I was, wish I was
So-so-so-sober
O-o-o-over
Guess we are over

(O-o-o-over) (O-o-o-over)
(O-o-o-over) (Over)

I can tell that you know when it kills you
What you need me to say's gonna hurt you
Wanna run, but I stay 'cause I have to
Have to tell you
And I know that you're so gonna hate me
If you did what I did, I would hate you too
I would hate you too

And we are Over, over
Wish I was, wish I was
So-so-so-sober
O-o-o-over
Guess we are over
(O-o-o-over)
(O-o-o-over)
Guess we are over
(O-o-o-over) (O-o-o-over)

Otra interpretación.......nunca me cansaría de escuchar estos temas de su primera época..... veremos más adelante......

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Vie 22 Sep 2023 - 21:09

Y el cuarto y quinto tema de Truth Serum son la ya conocida Habits, en una nueva versión y un nuevo remix, que fueron lanzadas como 3º y 4º sencillos del EP....

The previously released "Habits" was re-issued as "Habits (Stay High)" as the second single from Truth Serum. Concerning the track's re-release, the artist stated that the label representatives felt that it "still [had] a lot left to give" and wanted to promote it properly. A second music video for the song was released on 17 March 2014, which features the singer partying with her friends in a Swedish club.

Y este es por fin el video "definitivo" de Habits...

The recording was a commercial success in North America and some European countries, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 and reaching the top ten in Austria, Canada, France and Switzerland, among others countries.

Ya puse la letra del tema en los primeros post del hilo, además, el video incorpora la misma.

Subido a YouTube el 14 de marzo de 2014. A día de hoy, 22 de septiembre de 2023, 440.940.603 visualizaciones.........Y si se os hacen pocas, esperad al próximo post....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por BLINK503 Sáb 23 Sep 2023 - 10:00

A mi me molaba mucho ese primer disco y ka canción de We got love.
BLINK503
BLINK503

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 23 Sep 2023 - 19:23

El remix dance del que hablábamos, y que cierra el primer EP Truth Serum...

"Stay High", a remixed version of "Habits (Stay High)" by Hippie Sabotage, was issued as the EP's third single on 25 February 2014.[57] According to Lo, the decision to release it was made after radio programmers in the United Kingdom started to feature it on their playlists.

Lo que quería contar ayer..... si sumamos visualizaciones de Habits en YouTube

video original desde 17 marzo 2013 = 610.681
segunda versión desde 17 marzo 2014 = 441.009.747
remix dance desde 14 abril 2014   = 1.074.494.848

Mil millones y medio no está nada mal ¿verdad?
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Dom 24 Sep 2023 - 14:14

Tras la publicación en Marzo de su EP, Tove se dedicó a su promoción, ya fuese en festivales, o en programas de radio o TV, en Europa y también USA....

Lo held a concert at the Norwegian festival by:Larm on 27 February 2014. The following month, she performed a number of tracks at the American South by Southwest festival.

On 22 March 2014, the artist sang "Not on Drugs" and "Out of Mind" at Swedish TV show Nyhetsmorgon.

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 25 Sep 2023 - 19:49

En principio yo quería evitar los fanmade videos pero a veces, a pesar de la menor calidad de audio, video y enfoque, captan mucho mejor el ambiente de un concierto....y ¡menudo crescendo tiene la performance y vaya ambientazo en el club!

Three days later, she held a concert at Tavastia Club in Helsinki, Finland.

On 22 April 2014, Lo performed the songs from Truth Serum alongside her collaboration with Lucas Nord, "Run On Love", at live music venue Echoplex in Los Angeles.

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por caniplaywithrainbows Lun 25 Sep 2023 - 20:44

A ver si vuelve a Barcelona.
caniplaywithrainbows
caniplaywithrainbows

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 25 Sep 2023 - 20:47

caniplaywithrainbows escribió:A ver si vuelve a Barcelona.

¿La viste en Apolo el año pasado?
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por caniplaywithrainbows Lun 25 Sep 2023 - 20:49

Intruder escribió:

No, por eso la quiero de vuelta.
caniplaywithrainbows
caniplaywithrainbows

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 25 Sep 2023 - 21:04

caniplaywithrainbows escribió:
Intruder escribió:

No, por eso la quiero de vuelta.

Ya me ha pasó en 2020 con Halsey, ahora con Tove.........Las "descubro" justo después de haber pasado la gira por aquí.....

A efectos de "descubrimientos", siento que este foro no me está funcionando como esperaba, casi te diría que encuentro más propuestas interesantes via YouTube........como si fuera la MTV de los 80's o 90's.....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Miér 27 Sep 2023 - 0:44

Youtube es una caja de sorpresas, porque buscas videos de un concierto determinado.....y te aparecen otros de uno que no conocías.......

Y este video de Run On Love me parece mejor que el anterior..

She performed the same set list for her first show in the United Kingdom at Notting Hill Arts Club on 2 April 2014. On 6 May 2014, Lo performed the songs from the EP and "Run On Love" at her Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen show on 6 May 2014.

Y el 7 de mayo..... Tove se presentó en el The Deaf Institute (suena a centro médico o clínico, no?) de Manchester..... ¿Actualizo la wikipedia inglesa? Nunca antes había escrito ahí...

Tove, como siempre, as usual, un huracán, una fiesta, a hurricane, a real party..

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Jue 28 Sep 2023 - 1:05

Two days later, the singer held a concert at The Great Escape Festival in the United Kingdom.

Dudaba qué tema escoger de esta presentación, pero la fuerza de esta interpretación de Habits se impuso sobre el resto, a pesar de su ligera afonía .....esas 2 baterías que son señal de identidad de Tove..... ella tan grande como la Allmann Brothers Band...........

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Jue 28 Sep 2023 - 23:24

On 18 June, Lo made her first appearance on American television when she sang "Habits (Stay High)" on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

A month later, she performed "Habits (Stay High)", "Out Of Mind", "Not On Drugs" and "Over" on American music television show JBTV.

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 7 Oct 2023 - 21:46

On 16 July 2014, Lo sang "Habits (Stay High)" and "Not on Drugs" on KROQ-FM radio station

Ya sé que estoy siendo algo machacón con los mismos temas, especialmente Habits (Stay High), pero es que todas las diferentes interpretaciones son distintas, y todas buenísimas...

A ello se suma el hecho de que todo lo que Tove tenía publicado hasta entonces eran ese puñado de temas, Love Ballad, Habits (Stay High), Not On Drugs, Over, Out Of Mind, Paradise y la colaboración en Run on Love..... Demasiado poco para girar en actuaciones propias, solo le daba para ser telonera.....

Y así fue muy pronto, en una parte de la gira mundial 2014 de Katy Perry....

Esa escasez de temas se va a remediar muy pronto con la publicación de su primer LP "Queen Of The Clouds", apenas un par de meses después de la presentación que vemos en el video....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 14 Oct 2023 - 2:43

Una muestra de lo que decía sobre el limitado repertorio de Tove en directo es este video de su presentación en el House Of Blues de Dallas, el 25 de julio de ese mismo año. Todos y cada uno de los temas ya son conocidos nuestros, por tanto lo sorpresivo y remarcable del video es la fuerza y solvencia con que Tove y su banda los defienden en directo...

Qué maravilla resulta poder vivir en directo los comienzos de una carrera estelar como la de la sueca....
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 21 Oct 2023 - 2:42

En vísperas de la publicación de su primer LP Queen Of The Clouds, Tove se somete a interrogatorio por parte de sus fans....

A partir del minuto 3, es muy interesante cómo Tove destaca como influencias esenciales a Nirvana y Hole, Kurt y Hole........ Exactamente lo mismo que vimos en el caso de Hasley.......

Ya sé que dos casos no me alcanzan para formular una teoría, pero creo firmemente que Nirvana y Hole son mucho más influyentes en la escena musical de la última década que cualquier otro artista del siglo pasado....

Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 21 Oct 2023 - 17:11

Lo's debut album, Queen of the Clouds, was released on 24 September 2014 to generally positive reviews.

It debuted at number 14 on the US Billboard 200, selling 19,000 copies in its first week, and received a Platinum certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in 2016. The album peaked at number 17 in the United Kingdom and number six in Sweden, where the Swedish Recording Industry Association (GLF) certified it platinum for sales of 40,000 units. Serving as the album's lead single, a United States release of "Habits (Stay High)" became a sleeper hit. It was Lo's commercial breakthrough there, peaking at number three on the US Billboard Hot 100.

No me gusta nada la portada porque no refleja para nada la imagen real, natural de Tove, como vimos en el video entrevista anterior, esa imagen sofisticada de la portada no tiene nada que ver con su personalidad...

I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds Ab67616d0000b273d73966976fd29781c3a8dde0

I LOVE TOVE LO (PRONOUNCED TUVA LU)          II - Queen Of The Clouds 32px-Spotify_icon.svgTove Lo - Queen Of The Clouds

Última edición por Intruder el Sáb 21 Oct 2023 - 19:29, editado 1 vez
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Sáb 21 Oct 2023 - 19:27

Lo announced the release of Queen of the Clouds in an interview with Rolling Stone on 19 August 2014. Shortly after, on 9 September 2014, the album was made available to pre-order online through the iTunes Store.  On 16 September 2014, the album tracks "Moments", "Timebomb" and "Thousand Miles" were also made available to download alongside the iTunes pre-order.

On 24 September 2014, Lo performed "Habits" on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to promote her album

Pues sí, Tove incluyó Moments en el álbum para estirar el éxito cosechado por el tema en los últimos meses, y hace bandera del tema en su presentación en Jimmy Kimmel Show....

Creo que será el penúltimo video de Moments que cuelgue en mucho tiempo, creo que debo haber puesto 10.... aunque la verdad es que es un tema del que no te puedes cansar nunca.... además suena siempre distinto.... o hay detalles distintos.... por ejemplo, en este video, me he dado cuenta de la atracción que me producen cantantes femeninas que cantan descalzas, como Tove en este video, o Florence Welch........¿Será lo que denominan foot fetish?
Intruder
Intruder

Mensaje por Intruder Lun 23 Oct 2023 - 1:08

Queen of the Clouds is the follow-up to Lo's debut extended play Truth Serum. The album is divided into three sections: "The Sex", "The Love" and "The Pain".

Similar to theme of a poisoned relationship in Truth Serum, the album centers on a breakup and provides a complete story of her romantic struggles. She described her music as like a therapist where she could sing about things she would not normally dare to speak about.

The title for the album came from her song "Not on Drugs" and describes her new lifestyle touring the world after the success of her first EP. Lo said that it represented the feeling of "floating on top of the world" and that it was important that the album title represented her.

Heavily influenced by electropop musical styles, Queen of the Clouds is predominantly a concept album which divides the record into three sections: "The Sex", "The Love" and "The Pain".

Similar to the theme of poisoned relationships explored on Lo's debut extended play, Truth Serum (2014), the album centers on a breakup and provides a complete narration of her romantic struggles. She described her music as "like a therapist" where Lo could sing about things she would not normally feel comfortable speaking about.

Queen of the Clouds blends multiple styles of music into a "monogenre" sound, containing heavy influences of EDM, hip hop, dance-pop, new wave, rock, and R&B, combining them into a "seamless compendium".

The first section, "The Sex", opens the record with four songs about the "lecherous and reckless" beginning of a relationship, and are composed in an "infectious and tongue-in-cheek stampede of uptempo pop."

Intruder
Intruder