guaje
Sikander
Ricky´s Appetite
El Puto Fary
Ripple.
Sugerio
74 participantes

Página 19 de 20. Precedente  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Siguiente

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Empty Re: LANEGAN & DULLI reparten clase y amor

Mensaje por Ripple. Mar 19 Oct 2010 - 17:48

Perlas de Dulli en su concierto de ayer:

“Stop checking your email!” before belting out the chorus of the song he was singing. “I’m sorry,” “But I see that and I start imagining what you’re reading and I don’t want to read that.”

On a potential Afghan Whigs reunion: “There’s a reason why people get divorced. You start sitting around thinking about your ex-eife and then you start thinking, ‘Hey, that was nice,’ then you think ‘What the fuck! No it wasn’t.’”

On not having children: “I’d see that kid and say ‘Wow, you’re looking real skinny. Shit! I haven’t fed you in, like, two years. What’s your name again? Caleb? Caleb! What hippie chick was I hanging out with when you were born.”

Ripple.
Ripple.

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Empty Re: LANEGAN & DULLI reparten clase y amor

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 20 Oct 2010 - 19:41

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Greg%20dulli%20bowery-thumb-545x409

Greg Dulli
Bowery Ballroom
Tuesday, October 19

Better than: Leaving the lights on.

"Could we bring the lights down a little bit, please?" asked Greg Dulli after the first song of his Bowery Ballroom set on Tuesday night. And immediately after that request, an explanation: "Everybody looks prettier in the dark."

And Dulli should know. As frontman for the chronically tormented Afghan Whigs and the wiser but no less achy Twilight Singers, he's constantly played with notions of dark and light, with the divide between the good kind of pain and the bad. His voice is a soulful rasp that can spit out invective as easily as it can seduce a lover into believing his lies, and its ascent into a strangled yawp can double as a warning to run for cover; the music he's made throughout his career straddles the gap between early Amerindie's spitfire and soul's hip-thrusting.

Tuesday night's Bowery show was officially on the CMJ docket, although it was far removed from the kingmaking going on elsewhere. Instead, the concert (part of a brief solo tour that stretches into next month) was more like a homecoming: Audience members shouted out requests that reached all the way back to the Whigs' 20-year-old album Up in It during even the briefest lulls, and treated each not-brand-new song as if it was a long-buried treasure unearthed just for the occasion.

But this was no nostalgia act -- Dulli's been working on a new Twilight Singers record, and he previewed three songs last night. And oh, they were good. On the militaristic "Gunshots," his strangled wail seemed to be directly reacting against the closing in of the song's deliberate beat; "Never Seen No Devil," which closed out the main set, incorporated a fragment of the Whigs' bad-trip classic "Miles Iz Ded" in such a way that it added just the right type of menace.

The band was pretty bare-bones -- just a string player (Rick Nelson, on fire the entire night), a guitarist (Dave Rosser), and a drummer (Greg Wieczorec). But they flooded the room. The stretched-out ode to duplicity "Let Me Lie to You" had an absolutely stunning guitar solo that Dulli referred to as "the big 'Comfortably Numb' moment of the song"; Nelson's string parts brought new gravitas, and homages to John Coltrane, the Who, Prince, and Ronnie James Dio were incorporated into Dulli's own songs.

One thing that's often forgotten by those focusing on either the sexiness or the pain of Dulli's music is just how funny the man is; if any enterprising music-awards show wants to start doling out Banter of the Year trophies, I'd like to nominate last night's performance. Between songs, he riffed on what went on behind Daft Punk's helmets ("I was convinced they were up there just checking their email in front of 40,000 people, checking their bank balances, texting each other, 'Can you believe how much money we're making?' "), the Yankees ("I don't give a fuck about the Yankees -- that's why I'd like to dedicate the rest of this show to Cliff Lee"), and himself ("I'm back like a motherfucker... it would have been best to have a fast song after saying that"). (He also asked for the lights to be brought down, again.)

The people in attendance ate it up, and even got into the traditional audience-participation game late in the show: "Hands up," Dulli instructed during the encore, as the band twitched its way through José González's "Down the Line." The crowd was tenative about it at first (the awkward-slacker influence lives!), but by the time he requested those raised hands to engage in some double-time clapping, people were more than happy to accommodate.

The night closed out with "The Twilite Kid," the gently rolling track that opened the Twilight Singers' debut. "That was really fun," he said as the song drew to a close. "Thank you. We'll be back with the rock 'n' roll band next year." And the band left the stage, the lights went up, and the audience squinted as they tried to adjust their fields of vision.

Critical bias: In the seemingly long wait between the end of Craig Wedren's gorgeously hazy set and Dulli arriving onstage, two bleary-eyed friends told me quite sincerely that my utter state of excitement over what was about to transpire onstage was helping them stay on their feet.

Overheard: "Wait, shouldn't there be more people defending the Yankees in here? What the fuck?"

Random notebook dump: Apologies to the man in the blue-and-white-striped button-down next to me who seemed to spend a lot of the show worrying about my pen somehow getting a mind of its own and blotting ink all over his shirt. I swear I can retain control of my implements even in my most rapturous moments!

Setlist:
St. Gregory
God's Children
The Lure Would Prove Too Much
The Blackbird and the Fox
Bonnie Brae
66 / Little Red Corvette
A Love Supreme / Please Stay (Once You Go Away)
Let Me Lie To You
Forty Dollars
Step Into The Light
Gunshots
If I Were Going
Summer's Kiss
Follow You Down
The Stations
Never Seen No Devil / Miles Iz Ded
-
Candy Cane Crawl
Down The Line
Teenage Wristband / Pinball Wizard
The Twilite Kid
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Ripple. Lun 25 Oct 2010 - 12:14

Exclusiva recopilacion de rarezas de mr Lanegan directamente de mi arcon privado, algunas han visto la luz y otras igual igual se pierden en el olvido, como muestra un boton; la gran Big White Cloud, cover de John Cale presumiblemente grabada junto a Ben Shepherd alla por el 2005-2007 y que recuerda tanto al añorado Dust por el tratamiento de las voces, pasen y disfruten...

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 5057638037_88eaebd98f
Mark Lanegan Vol.One 2010 (Extras, bsides & collabs)

1.Big White Cloud (John Cale)
2.Man In The Long Black Coat (Bob Dylan)
3.Death Bells (Mogwai Remix)
4.All night long (Junior Kimbrough)
5.Constant waiting (Jeffrey Lee Pierce)
6.Free to walk (Jeffrey Lee Pierce)
7.Lord I Just Cant Keep From Crying (Blind Willie Johnson)
8.Blues Run The Game (Jackson C. Frank)
9.The Last Time (The Breeders)
10.Another Night Out (Unkle)
11.Black River (BtB Zantar mix)
12.Intertwined (Maggie Bjorklund)
13.Coming Home (Maggie Bjorklund)
14.All His Children (Gary Heffern)
15.This Strange Effect (The Kinks)
16.Won't be sorry (Isobel Campbell)
17.Tonight (Afghan Whigs)
18.Highway Kind (Townes Van Zandt)
19.The Partys Over (The Baldwin Brothers)
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Sikander Lun 25 Oct 2010 - 12:23

Ripple. escribió:Exclusiva recopilacion de rarezas de mr Lanegan directamente de mi arcon privado, algunas han visto la luz y otras igual igual se pierden en el olvido, como muestra un boton; la gran Big White Cloud, cover de John Cale presumiblemente grabada junto a Ben Shepherd alla por el 2005-2007 y que recuerda tanto al añorado Dust por el tratamiento de las voces, pasen y disfruten...

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Gracias Ripple, a por él de cabeza, supongo que estará en la papelera...

music music music
Sikander
Sikander

Mensaje por Ripple. Lun 25 Oct 2010 - 13:14

Sikander escribió:
Ripple. escribió:Exclusiva recopilacion de rarezas de mr Lanegan directamente de mi arcon privado, algunas han visto la luz y otras igual igual se pierden en el olvido, como muestra un boton; la gran Big White Cloud, cover de John Cale presumiblemente grabada junto a Ben Shepherd alla por el 2005-2007 y que recuerda tanto al añorado Dust por el tratamiento de las voces, pasen y disfruten...

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Gracias Ripple, a por él de cabeza, supongo que estará en la papelera...

music music music

Supones bien y por tiempo limitado! piano
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por allisson james Mar 26 Oct 2010 - 1:24

Hi i'm new. Can somebody tell me where is the "papelera"

Gracias

allisson james

Mensaje por Arturo Bandini Mar 26 Oct 2010 - 1:28

allisson james escribió:Hi i'm new. Can somebody tell me where is the "papelera"

Gracias

Que raro escribes, ponte en contacto con Bacalao o Blas .
Arturo Bandini
Arturo Bandini

Mensaje por Ripple. Mar 26 Oct 2010 - 13:25

Crack la Campbell!!!
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Ripple. Jue 28 Oct 2010 - 23:38

Show de la gira actual de flan Dhul (en su sitio) y de buen sonido ademas. Por cierto que en la gira, como ya lo hiciera Mark en solitario se estan vendiendo shows aleatorios con calidad de mesa...

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 5123489051_4dd41f6c19

Greg Dulli
October 16, 2010
Grog Shop
Cleveland, OH

Setlist:

intro
St. Gregory
God's Children
Blackbird and the Fox (new song)
Bonnie Brae
Let Me Lie to You
Forty Dollars
Step Into the Light
Gunshots (new song)
If I Were Going
Summer's Kiss
Follow You Down
The Stations
Never Seen No Devil (new song) (short riffing on Miles Iz Ded)
encore break
Candy Cane Crawl
Down the Line (Jose Gonzalez)
Teenage Wristband (short riffing on Pinball Wizard)
The Twilite Kid
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Invitado_Z Vie 29 Oct 2010 - 10:01

Ripple. escribió:Show de la gira actual de flan Dhul (en su sitio) y de buen sonido ademas. Por cierto que en la gira, como ya lo hiciera Mark en solitario se estan vendiendo shows aleatorios con calidad de mesa...

Greg Dulli
October 16, 2010
Grog Shop
Cleveland, OH

Setlist:

intro
St. Gregory
God's Children
Bonnie Brae
Let Me Lie to You
Forty Dollars
Step Into the Light
Gunshots (new song)
If I Were Going
Summer's Kiss
Follow You Down
The Stations
encore break
Candy Cane Crawl
The Twilite Kid

Fantastico tio Smile

Justo ayer me cascaba una lista en spotify con el setlist, pero por ej no tenian las de gutter twins, esto me va de perlas para prepararme sunny

Invitado_Z

Mensaje por Ripple. Sáb 30 Oct 2010 - 12:10

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Isobel-Campbell--Mark-Lan-006

It's the contrasts between Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, clearly visible from any seat in the Barbican tonight, that you notice first. Campbell, stage left, is glowing, shaking a tambourine and singing diaphanous harmonies; with her long blonde hair and white country blouse, she's just a few rhinestones from passing for Nashville royalty. Lanegan, stage right, leans into the microphone and growls soulfully; despite the spotlights trained on him, he's still somehow shrouded in shadowy menace.

Earlier that afternoon, Campbell arrives at the Barbican's green room pristine and outgoing, despite an overnight bus ride from Glasgow, and won't eat her sandwich until she can clean her hands. Lanegan, with whom I once travelled overnight on a tourbus christened "The Aids Bus" in reference to its squalor, spends most of the interview with his head in his hands, the brim of his baseball cap pulled down over his eyes. He looks up to answer questions, but Campbell does most of the talking.

But Campbell believes she and Lanegan aren't as different as they might seem from the outside. "We've talked about how we grew up, shared our childhood experiences," she says. "We're in the same camp."

It's hard, however, to imagine what the young Campbell and Lanegan might have shared in common. Lanegan was already a confirmed hellion by his teenage years, getting his first taste of jail aged 12 for shoplifting booze in his hometown of Ellensburg, Washington. Campbell, meanwhile, enjoyed "a very strict upbringing" in Glasgow, first picking up the cello aged 11, after "a cello teacher came into class and played a piece from The Carnival of the Animals. She just looked so graceful, like a big swan."

A rare act of youthful misbehaviour led Campbell to discover rock'n'roll when she was 14. "I was attending a schools orchestra summer camp at some wonderful old castle," she remembers. "There were all these amazing musicians there, but I couldn't really play. So I befriended all the 'naughty' children instead, and one day they found some vodka. I'd never really drunk before, and out of bravado I downed a whole bottle, and ended up unconscious. My friends carried me around the grounds, trying to hide me from the staff! Three of us got thrown out, which was shameful! Of course, my parents were furious, and wouldn't let me out of the house after that, so I'd just spend all my time listening to my dad's records – Joni Mitchell, the Kinks, the Beatles – and watching The Graduate over and over."

Campbell later played cello and shared vocals as a member of Belle & Sebastian. As that group released their debut LP Tigermilk in the summer of 1996, Lanegan was undertaking a tour across America with Screaming Trees that would culminate in his arrest for possession of crack. He'd formed the group with feuding brothers Van and Gary Lee Conner a decade earlier, playing a kind of garage acid-rock the singer didn't much care for. "Gary Lee wrote the songs, and he was going for this psychedelic thing, which I wasn't into," Lanegan told me in 2004. "He hadn't even eaten acid, which I'd been selling for a number of years."

Lanegan wrested creative control of Screaming Trees for their 1992 album Sweet Oblivion, which announced him as the finest voice of the grunge era, his deep, bluesy burr lending a lifeworn weight to the wounded songs of regret. He was also pursuing an acclaimed solo career, aided by producer/musician Mike Johnson, who helped Lanegan explore the great depths of feeling his vocals could evoke over sublime, scorched-black country, blues and haunted rock.

It was Lanegan's solo work that Campbell first responded to; after pursuing a solo career of her own following her 2002 exit from Belle & Sebastian, she was searching for a male voice for songs she had written, when a friend recommended Lanegan. "Mark's voice inspires me, to the point of obsession," she says. "The first time I saw him perform, I was shocked by how much pain there was in his voice; it was so moving."

Their first album together, 2006's Ballad of the Broken Seas, saw critics peg Lanegan and Campbell as a post-millennial Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra. But while a similar friction electrifies both pairings, and the 1967 duet Some Velvet Morning was certainly an influence, the comparison doesn't really do Campbell justice. She's no muse, rather the songwriter and producer of their records. She's the Lee to Lanegan's Nancy, the auteur directing the drama and setting the scene. "He's the eye-candy," giggles Campbell. "I know many women who think he's dead hot."

"It's unique in my body of work," says Lanegan, who grins for the only time in the interview when I suggest he is Clint Eastwood to Campbell's Sergio Leone. "Usually I write the music, and am involved in the production. Here, my only job is to inhabit these songs, relate to them, to express them. It's a learning process, a journey of discovery."

"My songs are drawn from my life, but his voice is perfect at narrating them, at expressing them," Campbell explains. "Sometimes, we'll be on stage, and he's singing The Circus Is Leaving Town, and it sounds so sad, so true, I want to cry."

Campbell says Lanegan's voice reminds her of her cello. So steeped in regret and experience, it allows her to tap into a deeper blues than her own voice could reach, an authentic conduit to the Americana her songs seek to evoke. In return, she takes him outside of his comfort zone, with excellent results: casting him as torch-song suitor on the sweltering Southern soul of Come Undone, or calling upon him to deliver the sultry, sexual menace of Back Burner, she finds hitherto-undiscovered nuances for him. However, Lanegan drew the line at one of the songs ultimately rejected for their new album, their third together, Hawk.

"Mark thought it was too 'suggestive'," she laughs. "He didn't realise what he was singing until halfway through, then he stopped and said, 'I can't sing this!'"

"She says stuff in a certain way that I probably naturally wouldn't," says Lanegan.

"He said it would probably have been OK if I was singing it."

Campbell's comfort zone, as she's discovered, is the recording studio. For Hawk, as with their debut, she arranged and recorded the songs by herself first, Lanegan adding his vocals later. Making these albums, she's enjoyed a creative freedom that's a far cry from her days in Belle & Sebastian, where singer/songwriter Stuart Murdoch was the undisputed leader. Like Lanegan with Screaming Trees, there was only so long she could sing someone else's tunes.

"I admire Stuart," she says, having recently seen the band play live for the first time since she left. "We went through a lot of drama together. It was good to see them all again. I think I kind of ran away from it all for a while, but I'm so glad I was a part of that group, I'm so proud of them. But watching them play, I didn't wish I was still with them. Being in a group with eight people? That's a lot of people! I don't enjoy the debt I'm in, I don't enjoy being 'boss' all the time, but I love the freedom, to do what I want. I know I'm on the right path."

That path has now led her to move to America, in part to pursue a career as a producer; she's currently working on album with Victoria Williams and wants to produce an album for New York singer-songwriter Willy Mason. "I'd really like to do it," she says, "But I'm really bad at pushing myself forward for stuff like that."

She says she's gained a lot of confidence from working with Lanegan. "I used to maybe be a little scared of him," she grins. "Or maybe in awe of him. And its not like I don't still think he's the bee's knees, but I know what I can do now, I know I can go head to head with him."

Certainly, she's learned much from Lanegan's focus on the music for its own reward. "I've always said, everything happens the way it's supposed to," he says, of his long, wilful career. "I'm about creating a body of work, and moving on to the next thing. It isn't important to me, how people respond to my work."

In this, they're of identical mind. "I don't feel like a person who needs a lot of attention," she says, adding that she never reads anything that's written about her. "I'd love to be a producer, because I'd love a backroom role. I like playing live, but what I love, what has made me so happy in the past year, has been working behind the scenes in the studio. I can live without the spotlight, I just love being part of the hustle and bustle of making great music. I'd be happy to go into the studio every day and roll my sleeves up and muck in. I'd have a lot of fun."
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Ripple. Lun 1 Nov 2010 - 20:46

Este es el cd que se podra comprar en el puesto de mercandising a su paso por nuestras tierras, y por pedir espero que incluya black is the color of my true love's hair en el setlist...

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 5097225624_0fbffb2c2c

1. St. Gregory
2. Powder Burns
3. God’s Children
4. Blackbird and the Fox
5. The Lure Would Prove Too Much
6. Bonnie Brae
7. Let Me Lie To You
8. Forty Dollars
9. Decatur St.
10. Step Into The Light
11. If I Were Going
12. Summer’s Kiss
13. Follow You Down
14. The Stations
15. Never Seen No Devil
16. What Jail Is Like
17. Candy Cane Crawl
18. Teenage Wristband
19. Twilite Kid
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Felix Nussbaum Lun 1 Nov 2010 - 21:35

Que olvidada esta la BSO de Backbeat y el supergrupo que formaron Dulli y compañia.

Felix Nussbaum
Felix Nussbaum

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 3 Nov 2010 - 11:17

Zulander escribió:
Ripple. escribió:Show de la gira actual de flan Dhul (en su sitio) y de buen sonido ademas. Por cierto que en la gira, como ya lo hiciera Mark en solitario se estan vendiendo shows aleatorios con calidad de mesa...

Greg Dulli
October 16, 2010
Grog Shop
Cleveland, OH

Setlist:

intro
St. Gregory
God's Children
Bonnie Brae
Let Me Lie to You
Forty Dollars
Step Into the Light
Gunshots (new song)
If I Were Going
Summer's Kiss
Follow You Down
The Stations
encore break
Candy Cane Crawl
The Twilite Kid

Fantastico tio Smile

Justo ayer me cascaba una lista en spotify con el setlist, pero por ej no tenian las de gutter twins, esto me va de perlas para prepararme sunny

Recordatorio en su sitio para los que quieran saber que pinta tiene la gira pseudo-acustica de mr Dulli, la calidad de sonido es 8+ diria yo...
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por watts Miér 3 Nov 2010 - 12:34

Alguien sabe como buscar con este trasto?
Creo que alguno comentó por aquí donde había cenado Lanegan en Santiago y hay que llevar a cenar a Dulli a algún sitio...
watts
watts

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 3 Nov 2010 - 12:38

watts escribió: Alguien sabe como buscar con este trasto?
Creo que alguno comentó por aquí donde había cenado Lanegan en Santiago y hay que llevar a cenar a Dulli a algún sitio...

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Tomtom-one-xlQuestion

¿Eres el runner de Dulli Watts?
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por watts Miér 3 Nov 2010 - 12:40

Ripple. escribió:

Parece ser. Es una historia bastante larga, pero algo así, sí.
watts
watts

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 3 Nov 2010 - 12:46

watts escribió:
Ripple. escribió:

Suelta, suelta, ¿Lanegan le ha recomendado un sitio de percebes y necoras cuando estuvo alli la ultima vez?
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por watts Jue 4 Nov 2010 - 9:00

Ripple. escribió:
watts escribió:
Ripple. escribió:

Suelta, suelta, ¿Lanegan le ha recomendado un sitio de percebes y necoras cuando estuvo alli la ultima vez?

Alguien dijo que de percebes nada, que estaban en un bar de tapeo tomando pulpo. Supongo de Dave Rosser sabrá lo que comieron.

Nada, el concierto lo organiza una Asociación Cultural de la que formo parte y me han encargado recibir a Dulli y guiarlo por las calles de Compostela antes del concierto.
Espero que salga todo bien porque nunca había hecho tal cosa...
watts
watts

Mensaje por el barón Jue 4 Nov 2010 - 12:37

Algún santiagués en la sala sabe si habrá problemas para aparcar en la plaza de Galicia?
el barón
el barón

Mensaje por John Custer Jue 4 Nov 2010 - 12:53

Joder, he sacado antes entradas para Lanegan con Campbel por Uniticket, y las entradas te las imprimen en un papel de cajero pelao y mondao!! Cuando salió me pensaba que era el resguardo, pero eran las entradas!!!!! Laughing
John Custer
John Custer

Mensaje por Blas Jue 4 Nov 2010 - 13:43

el baron de la birra escribió:Algún santiagués en la sala sabe si habrá problemas para aparcar en la plaza de Galicia?

Desde mañana jueves a partir de las 20.00 horas estará prohibido estacionar en las calles que recorrerá el Papa. Es decir, en San Lázaro, Avenida del Camino Francés, Plaza de España, San Caetano, Plaza de la Paz y Avenida de Xoán XXIII.

A la mañana por mi calle había bastante sitio (Avenida de Ferrol, C/ Jose Angel Valente...). No se pero me huelo que una plaza estará muy codiciada.

Admin

Mensaje por Forever my Queen Jue 4 Nov 2010 - 14:39

Blas escribió:
el baron de la birra escribió:Algún santiagués en la sala sabe si habrá problemas para aparcar en la plaza de Galicia?

Desde mañana jueves a partir de las 20.00 horas estará prohibido estacionar en las calles que recorrerá el Papa. Es decir, en San Lázaro, Avenida del Camino Francés, Plaza de España, San Caetano, Plaza de la Paz y Avenida de Xoán XXIII.

A la mañana por mi calle había bastante sitio (Avenida de Ferrol, C/ Jose Angel Valente...). No se pero me huelo que una plaza estará muy codiciada.

En principio creo que hoy no tendrías que tener ningún problema, por lo menos ayer sobre las 9 de la noche los coches entraban y salían sin problema del párquing.... eso si, hay una cantidad de policía.......
Forever my Queen
Forever my Queen

Mensaje por Ripple. Mar 9 Nov 2010 - 10:46

THE TWILIGHT SINGERS RETURN WITH THEIR FIRST NEW ALBUM IN FIVE YEARS: DYNAMITE STEPS

Considering the success and critical mass Greg Dulli has enjoyed over the past two years with The Gutter Twins (with his long-time friend Mark Lanegan), it’s almost hard to believe that there hasn’t been a new album from his band The Twilight Singers since the 2006 release of Powder Burns. Finally, that wait is almost over.

Sub Pop Records will release Dynamite Steps, The Twilight Singers’ fifth album, on February 15th, 2011 worldwide. While long-time Twilight Singers and now Gutter Twins fans will certainly find what they’re looking for with this release, Dynamite Steps goes further with its ambition, both sonically and confessionally, than ever before.

The album explores the thin line between life and death, mortality and immortality, resignation and celebration—that mythical moment when your life flashes before your eyes, drawn out here over the course of eleven songs.

Clearly the next chapter in an already long and stellar career for Dulli, Dynamite Steps reaches a whole new level of catharsis and progression, evocatively cramming all the highs and lows of the maverick singer-songwriter’s past half-decade into unexpected sonic trapdoors. The opening track “Last Night in Town” encapsulates that vibe, setting the stage for the emotional thrill ride that’s about to come over the rest of the album.

Dynamite Steps was “shot on location” at various locales significant to Dulli’s life. You can hear the sense of place emanating up from the grooves: here, the weary nighttime decadence of New Orleans rubs up against the oppressive sunshine of Los Angeles and the desolation of Joshua Tree’s desert vistas. Various guests make contributions to the album including Ani DiFranco, Joseph Arthur, Petra Haden, Nick McCabe (The Verve), and of course Mark Lanegan.

Since the late 1980s Greg Dulli has been a musical force with which to reckon, first rising to fame as the magnetic leader of the Afghan Whigs When the Whigs split up at the end of the ‘90s, Dulli followed his muse and began to innovatively fuse indie, soul and electronic sounds in his post-Whigs collective The Twilight Singers, who released their first album, Twilight as Played by The Twilight Singers, in 2000. Their beloved second album, Blackberry Belle, followed in 2003, and that was followed by a covers album entitled She Loves You in 2004. The band’s 2006 release, Powder Burns, made many critics “Best Of” year-end lists.

In 2008, Sub Pop veterans Dulli and Lanegan returned to the label as The Gutter Twins with the release of their debut album, Saturnalia. The band toured the world over for two years, made SPIN’s Top 20 Albums of the Year list and performed on Later With Jools Holland and The Late Show With David Letterman.

Greg Dulli is currently in the middle of the “An Evening With Greg Dulli” tour, a stripped-down retrospective string of dates. The Village Voice on his New York performance: “His voice is a soulful rasp that can spit out invective as easily as it can seduce a lover into believing his lies… the music he’s made throughout his career straddles the gap between early Amerindie’s spitfire and soul’s hip-thrusting.”

Prior to the start of the tour, Dulli made one of the new Twilight Singers’ tracks, “Blackbird and the Fox,” available for free download from their website.

The Twilight Singers will announce their worldwide touring plans for 2011 shortly.

Full track listing for Dynamite Steps:
1. Last Night in Town
2. Be Invited
3. Waves
4. Get Lucky
5. On the Corner
6. Gunshots
7. She Was Stolen
8. Blackbird and the Fox
9. Never Seen No Devil
10. The Beginning of the End
11. Dynamite Steps

Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por pinkpanther Mar 9 Nov 2010 - 11:17

Nada nuevo, DiFranco y Joseph Arthur ya han colaborado con Dulli en "Powder Burns", a ver si mantiene el nivel.

Con esa gira tienen que venir al Azkena, estaría muy bien que ya de paso viniera Joseph Arthur con los "Astronautas". cheers cheers
pinkpanther
pinkpanther

Mensaje por watts Mar 9 Nov 2010 - 11:26

Bueno, lo del ARF no lo descartes porque saben de que va (aunque Dave Rosser no sabía muy bien en que ciudad había sido Laughing )

Por cierto, el disco está listo desde hace tiempo, pero un responsable de la discográfica (o algo así) falleció y han tenido que posponer la publicación.
watts
watts

Mensaje por Ripple. Mar 9 Nov 2010 - 11:44

Dave Rosser se da cuenta de donde esta, por las servilletas del hotel me parece, vaya añito de giras non-stop que lleva el tio (primero con Mark y ahora con dulli), un crack.
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por watts Mar 9 Nov 2010 - 12:20

Ripple. escribió:Dave Rosser se da cuenta de donde esta, por las servilletas del hotel me parece, vaya añito de giras non-stop que lleva el tio (primero con Mark y ahora con dulli), un crack.

Ya he corregido mi opinión sobre él. Él mismo me dijo que con dos guitarras tenía más espacio para hacer algo. Con Lanegan le deja todo el protagonismo a él. Bueno, a su voz. No creo que sea un virtuoso, pero el tipo tiene buen gusto y sabe lo que se hace.
watts
watts

Mensaje por Ripple. Lun 15 Nov 2010 - 23:03

Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 17 Nov 2010 - 16:37

Reencuentro de los amigotes Lanegan y Dulli en su reciente show semiacustico en el Troubador de LA, tambien salieron el recuperado para la causa Scott Ford y John Curley de los afghan...
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Sikander Miér 17 Nov 2010 - 18:30

Ripple. escribió:Reencuentro de los amigotes Lanegan y Dulli en su reciente show semiacustico en el Troubador de LA, tambien salieron el recuperado para la causa Scott Ford y John Curley de los afghan...

Cuenta más Ripple! bounce
Sikander
Sikander

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 17 Nov 2010 - 20:31

Sikander escribió:
Ripple. escribió:Reencuentro de los amigotes Lanegan y Dulli en su reciente show semiacustico en el Troubador de LA, tambien salieron el recuperado para la causa Scott Ford y John Curley de los afghan...

Greg Dulli's current solo tour, the first for the former lead singer of the Afghan Whigs, finds him covering all aspects of his more than 20-year run as an indie icon. On Tuesday, fans who packed L.A.'s sold-out Troubadour got to witness a sort of musical "This Is Your Life," with collaborator's from all of the major eras of Dulli's career showing up.

The cavalcade of guests began early when Dulli's former Whigs mate John Curley came out for a stripped-down set that included 'What Jail Is Like,' 'Debonair,' '66,' 'Summer's Kiss' and 'Step Into the Light.' They ran all the way back to 'Congregation' for 'Let Me Lie to You,' which ended with a snippet of Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb,' prompting Dulli to make a confession: "Hi, my name's Greg and I'm a Pink Floyd song stealer."

One of rock's consummate showmen, Dulli embraced the looseness of the acoustic troubadour setting and even engaged a crowd member in conversation at one point. The audience got another treat when Dulli's Gutter Twins collaborator Mark Lanegan came onstage for 'The Station' and 'God's Children.'

As strong as the Whigs material was, the concert reminded fans just how strong Dulli's post-Whigs catalog is. There were multiple chestnuts from the Twilight Singers, who were represented by Scott Ford and Petra Haden, with whom Dulli played a superb new song from their forthcoming album, 'Dynamite Steps.' Other high points from the Twilight Singers were a gorgeous 'Bonnie Brae,' the anthemic 'Teenage Wristband' – which was merged with a snippet of the Who's 'Baba O'Riley' -- and 'A Love Supreme.'

In the end, Dulli proved one thing: he puts on a hell of a show, no matter what era of his career is your favorite.

pirat
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Sikander Miér 17 Nov 2010 - 21:11

Ripple. escribió:
Sikander escribió:

Greg Dulli's current solo tour, the first for the former lead singer of the Afghan Whigs, finds him covering all aspects of his more than 20-year run as an indie icon. On Tuesday, fans who packed L.A.'s sold-out Troubadour got to witness a sort of musical "This Is Your Life," with collaborator's from all of the major eras of Dulli's career showing up.

The cavalcade of guests began early when Dulli's former Whigs mate John Curley came out for a stripped-down set that included 'What Jail Is Like,' 'Debonair,' '66,' 'Summer's Kiss' and 'Step Into the Light.' They ran all the way back to 'Congregation' for 'Let Me Lie to You,' which ended with a snippet of Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb,' prompting Dulli to make a confession: "Hi, my name's Greg and I'm a Pink Floyd song stealer."

One of rock's consummate showmen, Dulli embraced the looseness of the acoustic troubadour setting and even engaged a crowd member in conversation at one point. The audience got another treat when Dulli's Gutter Twins collaborator Mark Lanegan came onstage for 'The Station' and 'God's Children.'

As strong as the Whigs material was, the concert reminded fans just how strong Dulli's post-Whigs catalog is. There were multiple chestnuts from the Twilight Singers, who were represented by Scott Ford and Petra Haden, with whom Dulli played a superb new song from their forthcoming album, 'Dynamite Steps.' Other high points from the Twilight Singers were a gorgeous 'Bonnie Brae,' the anthemic 'Teenage Wristband' – which was merged with a snippet of the Who's 'Baba O'Riley' -- and 'A Love Supreme.'

In the end, Dulli proved one thing: he puts on a hell of a show, no matter what era of his career is your favorite.

pirat

cheers cheers cheers

Joooder, casi nada el show! Yo aquí sin los invitados especiales ya lo flipé así que tampoco me quejo Smile
Sikander
Sikander

Mensaje por Ripple. Mar 23 Nov 2010 - 13:30

Harper Simon, telonero de Isobel Campbell y Mark Lanegan.

El estadounidense Harper Simon ha sacado un debut que se sostiene por sí solo. No solo porque lo apuntemos nosotros, claro, sino medios como la BBC: “Hay evidencias en este disco de que Harper podría eclipsar el ‘Sounds Of Silence’ de su padre, como mínimo“. Hablamos de un álbum en el que encontramos al productor del “Highway 61 Revisited” de Bob Dylan, Bob Johnston, al maestro del dobro Al Perkins y al de la armónica Charlie McCoy, entre otros. Pedigrí del bueno. Las diez canciones de su homónimo trabajo, en el que destacar ese ‘Wishes And Stars’, son las que el hijo de Paul Simon vendrá a presentarnos cuando abra para Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan en la gira que éstos realizarán por seis ciudades españolas, presentando conjuntamente su tercer trabajo “Hawk” (V2, 2010), entre el 30 de noviembre y el 5 de diciembre. Por si la gira de la pareja de moda -comparados con los mismísimos Serge Gainsbourg y Jane Birkin-, no tenía ya suficiente interés, la presencia de Harper Simon no hace más que reforzarla, y mucho.

30 Noviembre: BARCELONA – Apolo
01 Diciembre: SEVILLA – Teatro Central
02 Diciembre: VALENCIA – Mirror
03 Diciembre: MADRID – Florida Park
04 Diciembre: SANTANDER – Cuva
05 Diciembre: ZARAGOZA – Oasis
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Resurrection Mar 23 Nov 2010 - 16:44

Bién, bién...ya me estaba temiendo lo peor: Duke Garwood. Qué alivio, en un sinvivir estaba.
Resurrection
Resurrection

Mensaje por Ripple. Mar 23 Nov 2010 - 17:06

Resurrection escribió:Bién, bién...ya me estaba temiendo lo peor: Duke Garwood. Qué alivio, en un sinvivir estaba.

Pues parece que su proyecto con Mark va en serio, pensaba que se quedaria en colaboracion para su nuevo disco que sale en Enero, pero parece que es otra incursion de Lanegan en aguas pantanosas...

DUKE GARWOOD new album ‘Dreamboatsafari’ out January 17th on Fire Records
Duke Garwood on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Master bluesmen are thin on the ground in South London, a landscape unsuited to the trappings and clichés of the genre. But it is down there, amidst the grey arterial routes, Victorian terraces and leafy parks that Duke Garwood makes his home. Garwood’s Dreamboatsafari sees him expanding on the spacious, dusty room blues found on previous albums Emerald Palace and The Sand That Falls. The genesis of this LP came when Garwood was on tour with Mark Lanegan – surely his spiritual cousin across the Atlantic waters. He had an inkling to release a “space cowboy record”, and this was realised at home recording sessions, with long-time collaborator Paul May on drums.

Dreamboatsafari is a record with many moods, different textures in which to disappear and reflect. Garwood’s picking and quiet vocal murmurs act in a dialogue with an ever-expanding palette of sounds. Gengis is imbued with an air of quiet menace, Garwood’s vocal resembling that of Swans’ Michael Gira over hollow knocks, piano and drones. Tapestry On Mars, meanwhile, takes Garwood far into outer reaches of jazz... yet in between, the warm guitar of Summer Gold makes for perhaps the most affecting pop song that Garwood has yet written. Rank Panache adds funk, Taras Bulbous rhythms and pipes that start to explore the world beyond London, beyond the blues.

It offers a glimpse of what is yet to come. With a joint LP with Mark Lanegan due next year, along with plans to work with the Master Musicians of Joujouka in Morrocco, Duke Garwood once again proves himself to be one of Britain’s boldest musical adventurers, taking this most traditional form somewhere entirely new.
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Resurrection Mar 23 Nov 2010 - 17:11

No, si el proyecto con Mark creo que puede incluso estar bién...pero verle de nuevo como artista invitado como que no me apetecía demasiado...

Se agradece tu inagotable búsqueda de información.

Salud!
Resurrection
Resurrection

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 24 Nov 2010 - 17:27

Primer set-list de su segundo round europeo, se han dejado a Willy Mason en casa (Una pena, este tipo promete y mucho)

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 5199488419_0c0b0b7f2c_z
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Peaky Blinder Miér 24 Nov 2010 - 18:08

Ripple. escribió:Primer set-list de su segundo round europeo, se han dejado a Willy Mason en casa (Una pena, este tipo promete y mucho)

Y ese mini-Lanegan? hahaha

Lo del proyecto con Duke Garwood...por que se metera Lanegan en tantos proyectos? Lo que estoy deseando es que salga de una vez su proximo album de estudio (para 2011? no way) me da que para 2011 seguira de tour con Isobel Campbell, luego veremos que hace con Duke Garwood, y a saber que mas proyectos...porque de su "proximo" album de estudio no he oido nada de nada...

Venga Lanegan, que desde Bubblegum en 2004...van a ser 7 years sin album de estudio...are many years...
Peaky Blinder
Peaky Blinder

Mensaje por almendrucos Jue 25 Nov 2010 - 15:21

Ripple. escribió:Primer set-list de su segundo round europeo, se han dejado a Willy Mason en casa (Una pena, este tipo promete y mucho)

Qué buena foto, me tienta para fondo de escritorio para estos días Laughing ´pero bueno, que Julio Ruiz dijo ayer en DiscoGrande que lo tiene todo "casi" cerrado para poder entrevistar a Isobel Campbell el mismo viernes antes del concierto de Madrid así que habrá que vigilar el programa
almendrucos
almendrucos

Mensaje por Ripple. Dom 28 Nov 2010 - 18:20

William Cutting escribió:
Ripple. escribió:

Segun he leido, lo estan vendiendo en la gira....es estais cargando el mito!!!

0 euros (26,50 US dollars) for a live cd!!!
25 euros (33 US dollars) for a Mark Lanegan bubblehead
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Ripple. Dom 28 Nov 2010 - 18:27

Ripple. escribió:
Ripple. escribió:

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Markboblehead

memorabilia-collectormania-consumerism gone mad
pirat
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por Peaky Blinder Dom 28 Nov 2010 - 18:41

Ripple. escribió:
Ripple. escribió:
Ripple. escribió:

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Markboblehead

memorabilia-collectormania-consumerism gone mad
pirat

Joder, pues cuando fui a verle no vi nada de eso. Yo quiero uno! Rico
Peaky Blinder
Peaky Blinder

Mensaje por almendrucos Miér 1 Dic 2010 - 0:17

Muy bien esta noche en Barcelona, qué limpia me parece a mí que le sale la voz, el set list no lo sé seguro pero diría que igual que el de la foto con el cabezón y por si a alguien le interesa en el puesto de merch. tenían: el disco, camisetas y bolsas de Harper Simon; el álbum Hawk en vinilo y cd , el directo de Isobel & Mark "Live at the Barbican, London 2010" (15 euros); el directo de Mark "Live at the Esplanade Hotel, Melbourne-Australia, junio 2010" (15 euros), el directo de Mark "The Night Porter - In the House of the Lord, Union Chapel-London, agosto 2010" (15 euros) y el cabezón (20 euros) y además, al lado, había una mesita con un cartel anunciando que después Mark estaría allí firmando y también lo dijo uno de la banda al despedirse, pero no me pude quedar. Nos vemos.
almendrucos
almendrucos

Mensaje por John Custer Miér 1 Dic 2010 - 9:03

Hoy en Sevilla!!
El muñeco va a caer jajajaja
John Custer
John Custer

Mensaje por Kenny McCormick Miér 1 Dic 2010 - 12:13

hola,

una pregunta un poco tonta, sabeis si se puede llevar cámara de fotos? si no?

gracias.

Kenny McCormick

Mensaje por Ripple. Miér 1 Dic 2010 - 12:14

No venderan discos, pero cabezones por un tubo...

No hay problema por las camaras de fotos, siempre que no seas un kamikaze con el flash...
Ripple.
Ripple.

Mensaje por John Custer Miér 1 Dic 2010 - 12:24

Es que es la hostia el muñecaco jajaja
John Custer
John Custer

Mensaje por mad_lanegan Miér 1 Dic 2010 - 15:20

EN SEVILLA NOS VEMOS!!! EN DOS HORAS ESTARE ALLI!!! K NERVIOS.... CUANTOS AÑOS ESPERANDO A VER A LANEGAN POR EL SUR!!!! Rico

mad_lanegan

Mensaje por John Custer Jue 2 Dic 2010 - 10:42

Enorme concierto anoche en Sevilla. Lo pasamos de la hostia. 2 horas a dos metros de Lanegan con uno de los sonidos más limpios que he oido en mi vida, desgranando los 3 discos que tiene con Isobel Campbell, y rematando con uno suyo en solitario (Weddinng Dress del Bubblegum).
Que bien estaba Lanegan de voz, la mejor de las 3 veces que lo he visto, de laaaaargo. Eso si, que cascadete lo he visto fisicamente, hasta andaba raro. Mi mujer me lo comentabala al salir, que cualquier día nos da un disgusto.

Al final cayó el muñeco por supuesto :

LANEGAN & DULLI  reparten clase y amor - Página 19 Laneganmueco

Laughing
John Custer
John Custer

Página 19 de 20. Precedente  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Siguiente